Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'I live in a big city' - UM [Identity of your community]

markwu 2 / 2  
Everyone belongs to many different communities and/or groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interest, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong, and describe that community and your place within it. (Approximately 250 words)

I live in a big city and have a relative rich and comfortable life. I never worrying about my life and do not know much about others who live around me. However, after a volunteer experience in the most providence remote mountain area as a teaching program member, I know how to oriental myself and what is the identity and social responsibilities belong to me. I met a lot poor children, many of them even short of the basic necessaries such as food, water and cloths for the winter. Thus, I aware I should do something specially. Comparing to the life I go through to the life of the child from remote area, I cannot still keep silence. So what I did was to set up connection between the relative rich community and poor community. I really want to use my weak power to wake people who belong to my community and improve the living condition of the poor children just because we are all human beings. It is our responsibility to help each other. So, I found a club in my high school and set up a foundation to raise money for the poor children. In order to get more money and make use of raising money well, I assigned my club members different jobs including pay a visit to the local big companies to get support and do performance in the community activity center and every school to raise money. Only two months, we rose over $5000 and I spent most part on the quilts and cloths which prepare for the children to come over the cold winter. I will keep raising money and keep the connection between two communities and constantly improve this program. I just want to persuade more people provide their love to prove this world is never lack of love!

Please help me to revise it and shorten it to 250 words (now is 300). Thank you I am appreciating for you guys help

Home / Undergraduate / 'I live in a big city' - UM [Identity of your community]