'We live in a world where...' Major in chemical engineering; Study objectives

chemestudent 1 / 1  
Hi, guys! I'd like to have an overall feedback. If it's too boring, too wordy, if there's a confusing statement. If you could help with grammar, it would be great, but I don't want to ask too much for your kindness, since I think there are many mistakes.

Instructions: Write a clear and detailed description of your study objectives, specifying your field of study and your specialized interests within this field.(250 - 500 words)

Essay:

We live in a world where technology is increasingly present and required in our daily lives, and its usefulness enchants me. The evolution of communication systems is an example. What in former times used to take days, even months, to exchange long distance messages, now it can be done almost in real time through the many kinds of instant messages we have.

Being daughter of two chemists made me to breathe science since my childhood. So I've always been fascinated by science, by mathematics, by chemistry and by technology. Besides, I've always gotten thrilled to solve challenging problems and puzzles. That's why I chose to major in chemical engineering, because it comprehends all these aspects.

I'm currently studying at Federal University of XXXX, on my third year. During my journey as a chemical engineering student, I've participated in some undergraduate researches. Two of them used the programming language Fortran on calculations, one applied to enzyme kinetics and the other applied to chromatography. Thus, I would like to improve my skills on such programming language, as well as on a different one, whether possible. In my personal opinion, computing is a precious tool at engineering, especially on my area. I consider very important the virtual machine support to optimize the needed calculations and, this way, it can be easier to solve its problems. Moreover, it can be pretty helpful in controlling and modeling chemical processes. Such features enhance our capacity to contribute to science evolution.

Of course this whole development needs to be in equilibrium with the environment. There is the need therefore of promoting the ever more "clean" technologies so that advance can be consonant with industrial sustainability. For this reason, biotechnology interests me greatly. I find really interesting using the knowledge of biological processes and its properties and implement them within the chemical industry, in an ecologically friendly way. As already mentioned, the research I've done also involves the enzyme kinetics. Then I would love to know further regarding biochemical engineering so that I could be able to reconcile progress with ecological practices, which are two factors of great importance to me.

As a result, in short, my study objectives are focused on technology, in both biological and computational directions. Once I have become a chemical engineer, not only do I want to be a well prepared and capable professional in an updated way, but also in a green way. And I think studying at U.S.A. gives me a unique chance of getting it.

Oh, I have a question! I was told that if they give me "no less than 250 words and no more than 500 words", I should use all the 500 words (or almost this). Because if I don't, they may think I didn't try very hard. Is this true? It has 415 words and I'm afraid that it becomes way too boring if I complement with other stuff.

Thank you!!
SMINICK975 2 / 4  
Apart from the grammatical issues and word usage (which I've tried my best to correct below, you can alter them however you like if it doesnt sound your voice. WHICH IS IMPORTANT), I think you have a generally good piece here. You've got the advantage to have research experience so EMPHASIZE that you can bring that to the campus. You should always include what you can bring to the campus, instead of just what the campus can provide you. I think you can cut down on the details of your research, and expand more on how impactful it was on your life and your desire to study chemical engineering. Good Luck!

We live in a world where technology is increasingly significant and indispensable in our daily lives, and its usefulness(its future, perhaps?) enchants me. The evolution of communication systems is an example. What in former times used to take days, even months, to exchange long distance messages, can be done almost instantly through the use of various kinds of instant messages we have.

Being daughter of two chemists has exposed me to this world of science and technology since my childhood. So I've always been fascinated by science, by mathematics, by chemistry and by technology. Besides, I've always gotten a thrill in solving challenging problems and puzzles. That's why I chose to major in chemical engineering, because it encompasses all these aspects.

I'm currently studying at Federal University of XXXX, on my third year. During my journey as a chemical engineering student, I've participated in some undergraduate researches. Two of them used the programming language Fortran on calculations, one applied to enzyme kinetics and the other applied to chromatography. Thus, I would like to improve my skills on such programming language, as well as on a different one, whether possible. In my personal opinion, computing is a precious skill in engineering, especially in my area. I consider it very important for the virtual machine support to optimize the needed calculations and, this way, it can be easier to solve its problems. Moreover, it can be pretty helpful in controlling and modeling chemical processes. Such features enhance our capacity to contribute to science evolution.

As a result, my study objectives are focused on technology, in both biological and computational fields. Once I have become a chemical engineer, not only do I want to be a well prepared and capable professional in an updated way, but also in a green way. I think that studying at U.S.A. would give me a unique chance of making this achievement possible.
OP chemestudent 1 / 1  
Thank you very, very much for your time and advices given!
I surely will do that. :)

Home / Undergraduate / 'We live in a world where...' Major in chemical engineering; Study objectives