"I've lived in a Mexican culture" - this is my friends 1st college prompt essay.

luismarquez 2 / 2  
prompt essay #1

I come from a family of five, that's including me, and I've lived in a Mexican culture throughout my whole life. The culture itself has taught me many good things like when you grow up you have to be independent and that work comes first. As a kid my family has always told me "do right and not wrong." That includes like going to college that way when I finish my pursued career I will be able to get a well paying job so I can support my family. Throughout my entire life my parents have always wanted the best for me in life and always tell me "get a higher education then what we had." Now that I am older I am able to think that education is really important and necessary in life, because I have seen their jobs and I realize how hard it is without a college education. They aren't very pleasant jobs, that is why I see myself getting a higher education.

Ever since I was young I was forced and punished to do my homework because work traditionally comes first in our culture. Now that I am older I am thankful for my parents forcing me to do my homework because now I realize how much importance it really is for my future. Without my family's support I would not be here where I am right now. They have helped me throughout the years until a couple of years ago due to their limited high school education, and because of the economic crisis. Although they haven't been able to help me lately, all I need now from them is their love and support.

Family culture has been a big influence on me and what I want to do in life. I say this because I see how people in my family who haven't finished their high school education suffer, and struggle with life and bringing money to the family. That has really made me think, "Do I want to do what he is doing?", and in reality who wants to have a hard life. Another problem is when I see a homeless man in my community, for some odd reason it reminds me of a person who didn't get their education. That is why my family really pushes me in school to get a good education so I don't end up like that homeless guy. My family has also influenced me into going to college because they want me to break the family chain that is full of non college graduates.

Throughout the Mexican culture I have learned that with lots hard work and responsibilities comes a very bright future. For example, during the summer when I worked with my father at the company I worked really hard and when the summer was finally about to be over it all paid off with a very good pay. I thank my father for taking me to work because that helped me see how life really is and while having the job it taught me how to be even more responsible.

Even to this day I have never doubted that I wasn't going to college because of the way my parents and culture has raised me. Thanks to my family I have learned many necessary things in life like how to be responsible, hard work pays off, to never give up on education no matter how hard it gets, and to think big and be something in life. Now that I am going further in life I'm hoping that I will see life differently and more maturely. The first step in furthering in life is to think about what I want to be in life. That is why I want to become some sort of engineer because that's where I find most my interests in. Now that I think about it, it has been a lifelong aspiration for me.
I come from a family of five, that's including me, and I've lived in a Mexican culture throughout my whole life.

That includes like requires going to college and being empowered that way when I finish my pursued career I will be able to secure a well paying job position of responsibility in (name your chosen field here) -- so and in this way, Ii will be able t o support my family.

I hope you will revise this so that your clear vision for the future is outlined in a way that shows that you are serious and focused. It is great that you are dedicated to family, so connect that with a well-developed plan for the future. Focus a little more on your specific passion -- not just a passion for earning money to help your family, but also passion for your chosen field.

Home / Undergraduate / "I've lived in a Mexican culture" - this is my friends 1st college prompt essay.