My love for HG; "What excites you about architecture?" Supp

mylesd 6 / 10 1  
This is a supplement for U.Va. I need help editing it. So, feel free to add comments and criticism.
Prompt: What excites you about architecture?

Growing up in a home limited to basic channels produced a deep desire for cable television. After a relentless effort, my three brothers and I had our mutual wish answered in the form of a ten-dollar per month cable package. While ordinary channels like Nickelodeon captured my brothers' attention, I, to my parents' surprise, tended to watch Home and Garden TV. At the age of twelve, my love for HGTV gave origin to my new dream of becoming an architect.

I, now closer than ever to realizing my dream, can see past my once shallow idea of architecture. As an architect, you have the opportunity to create something greater than yourself. Through the projects you build an environment is created; and, through the built environment certain types of lives are generated. I am excited by the opportunity to have a greater impact than simply designing buildings. I am excited to have the chance to shape a community that will go on after I die as part of my legacy.

I am reminded of one of the most fascinating aspects of architecture when I see a two hundred year old structure that has been exposed to every condition from hurricanes to wars and yet it still stands strong. Designing a building that will endure is just one of the many exciting challenges I look forward to facing as an architect. Unlike nearly any other professional, an architect has no aesthetic bounds but still must obey physical limits. Considering every limit and freedom, a good architect can seamlessly add a unique building to a community.

Every architect's philosophy is reflected in his or her work, with each project displaying a personal perception of beauty. Some philosophies create the idea that if buildings are brought to their bare minimum, to function, that is where beauty lies. In contrast, however, other philosophies suggest beauty is derived from individuality.

The benefit of becoming an architect that excites me, more so than any other, is the chance to see my own project, defined by my own philosophy, develop into a structure. Seeing a building that my own imagination gave birth to come to life would not only make all the hard work worthwhile it would be the realization of my childhood dream.
katev 18 / 120 24  
mutual wish

had our wish granted

ten-dollar

ten dollar

can see past my once shallow idea of architecture

can look back on my once shallow idea of architecture
What was your once shallow idea? Was it that HGTV represented architecture?

no aesthetic bounds but still must obey physical limits

Maybe say, is only bound by physical limits. Not sure, just sounds odd

The benefit of becoming an architect

The aspect of architecture

Home / Undergraduate / My love for HG; "What excites you about architecture?" Supp