"Love at First Sight" : Why Colorado College?

Flargus 3 / 9  
Hey, this is my other supplement for Colorado College, some parts I'm a bit weary about, but here it is.

How did you learn about Colorado College and why do you wish to attend?
Title(Maybe something to do with Love?)
People don't tend to believe in "Love at First Sight"; people think that there's a certain amount of time that needs to pass, or that you have to really get to know the little quirks that make something really special. I completely agree with that, and feel the same way about Colorado College. My first impression was when a friend, who had just applied, recommended it to me. I only saw it as a school that was one of thousands. But, when I visited the website, and was greeted by a breathtaking picture of the scenic Rocky Mountain backdrop of the campus, my flirting with Colorado College had started. As I learned more, as I spent what felt like every waking moment studying the goals and ideals of the school, seeing videos of the stunning campus and scenic environment, and as I started to feel at home, I realized that CC is truly one in a thousand.

Colorado College seems to put a great deal of emphasis on being unique, and promoting an outstanding educational experience, and these core values draw me to CC. The use of a Block Schedule system is one of several qualities that make CC stand out, and attract passionate and creative students. I feel that being fully immersed in a single field is an incredibly effective way to learn anything, and making it first priority really shows a commitment to education.

The commitment to Students is very impressive, from the "First-year Experience", the emphasis of extracurricular activities, to the support of the Venture Grant program. Student-Teacher Connections are very important to me, coming from a small High School. CC has taken them one step further, with the Breaking Bread program, to establish lasting contacts and connections with teachers, as friends, and colleagues.

Colorado College, I believe, is right for me. The Block Schedule is Intuitive, and makes education both easier, and more comprehensive. CC also values its students, even outside of their academics. The same students who, like I, had fell in love with Colorado College.

--------------
Thanks for any feedback!
OP Flargus 3 / 9  
Thanks to whoever edited the Title, somehow that didn't even cross my mind!
mmgay 1 / 5  
I completely agree with that, and feel the same way about Colorado College. My first impression was when a friend, who had just applied, recommended it to me.

this seems awkward ..you may say: I felt the same until I encountered the breathtaking picture of the scenic Rocky Mountain backdrop of the campus

and I would suggest you to mention full name or just Colorado instead of CC.
OP Flargus 3 / 9  

Yeah, I put in those two parts at different times, so it may not flow very well.

Not quite sure what you're suggesting here. The name of the School is Colorado College, and they often refer to themselves as CC.
Thanks though!
OP Flargus 3 / 9  
Would anybody be willing to check the second draft? (Sorry for Triple-posting, if there's a rule against that.)

Home / Undergraduate / "Love at First Sight" : Why Colorado College?