"Love for history and law" - Why University of chicago?

mundaka 4 / 8  
due in an hour , kinda just something i threw together, let me know what you think please
How does the University of Chicago, as you know it now, satisfy your desire for a particular kind of learning, community, and future? Please address with some specificity your own wishes and how they relate to Chicago?

The University of Chicago is a place in which knowledge continues to grow, a place that fulfills my yearning desire for a higher education. It contains a unique major, one that delves into my academic curiosity. I enjoy learning about the history of legal systems, as well as political history which is provided by the Law, Letters, and Society major. My love for history integrated with my decision for law is fulfilled by this anomalous major, one that is highly selective. This major will prepare me for my future career in law; the University of Chicago has an extremely renowned law school assisting me in my future study. With this education I hope to find peace in disputes.

Being a Bengali/ Ugandan, I hope to add some fresh ingredients to the already simmering melting pot in Chicago. Along with fortifying and demonstrating my diverse culture, I seek to learn about others, in hopes of harmonizing the environment. In my community, I enjoy dedicating a significant amount of time towards helping develop and advance people. The civic engagement department at University of Chicago will allow me to help assist members of the enriched Chicago community. In addition to participating in community service, University of Chicago contains a top notch soccer program helping me develop into a student athlete.
ItsokaytoGaga 15 / 96  
Hey!

I like that you have some defined goals. :) But you could have made this more personal. Why UChicago appeals to you? What aspect makes you think you are perfect for UChicago? What desire for a particular kind of learning does UChicago satisfy? I wish you had explored a bit on these points.

Anyway, I you must have already submitted it.
Hope it works. :) Good Luck.
Read my UChicago supplement essays too if you have some time. :)

Home / Undergraduate / "Love for history and law" - Why University of chicago?