I love making smoothies; they make me happy-Supplements for Yale and Tufts

mualla 19 / 92 28  
Hi,
I wrote a supplemental esay and I want to use it for two schools. I wrote about making smoothies, something I love to do-:). I need help on content, flow and idea of this short supplement. Thanks in advance!

Write about something that you love to do?-Yale
What makes you happy?- Tufts

I love the creamy texture, sublime taste, and balanced consistency. I love making smoothies. What I love even more is the opportunity these drinks give to expand my fruit horizons. I am not the typical apple/banana smoothie lover; I devour in the extraordinary fruits from other countries such as "Korean pears" from Korea, "ackee fruits" from Jamaica, and "Indian gooseberries" from India because these fruits give me insight about the culture of the country they are raised in. Just like a smoothie finds its taste when it is combined with a unique group of fruits, I find myself fulfilled when I learn about different cultures around the world. During my leisure times, I often go to the library to read about cultures in encyclopedias. I imagine myself celebrating the Seollal with Korean people or playing the drums with people in Africa. Learning about other cultures and special fruits allows me to move outside of my own bubble, and find new ways of approaching problems. I value other cultures, just like I value the perfect combination of fruits in my smoothie.
Mualla, here is the thing, you cannot use the same essay to respond to two different prompts from two different schools. Believe it or not, there are times when the universities double check your essay submissions to make sure that you have written an original essay just your application to their school. So it is always best to develop a specific essay for a specific prompt. Just a word of advice on my part, if you want to proceed with using one essay for two school prompt then that is what should be done.

In order to make this essay work for your two prompts there is still some extra work to be done on your part. Before you submit this essay to either schools, you will need to adjust the content to project the keyword that the prompt gives. So for Yale, it is "love to do" and for Tufts "makes you happy". Remember, what you love to do, "Make smoothies" may not bring you "joy" in life. The two are not necessarily synonymous. While both essays have the same end result, meaning your enjoyment and self-fulfillment in the completion of the activity, you need to change the information from still being academic in nature, to something that gives you that sense on a personal level not related to learning. The response should be something that relates to a method by which you unwind after a hard day at school or just simple relaxing during the weekend. The activity should help you recharge your energies, not make you spend more of it because of academics.

The prompts have another thing in common. They allow the reviewer to get to know the non-academic side of you. How do you have fun? What kind of person are you when you are not studying? Is there a side of you that can help to enhance the campus through extra curricular activities and the like? In other words, what you love to do and what gives you joy, need not always be academic in nature. If you can reflect that side of yourself, we might be better able to develop the response for your in two schools.

I don't advice taking shortcuts in responding to the prompts. I know it can get tedious, but then these essays were meant to test, along with your written skills, your patience as well. The more schools that you apply to, the more original essays you will have to write. That's just how it is.
OP mualla 19 / 92 28  
Holt I wrote an essay and this is for Tufts not Yale. Could you please look at it? The supplements for Tufts is very important as I am applying ED2. Thanks you.. 1 essay at a time.

Home / Undergraduate / I love making smoothies; they make me happy-Supplements for Yale and Tufts