'love for mathematics' - U of M-what made u choose math major?

sting910309 1 / -  
Hello, this is the first draft I have written and I know it needs corrections.
Would you help me please? Thank you!

"At what degree should the arrow be shot to maximize traveling distance?" "How much time will it take for a freefalling rock dropped from ten meters to hit the ground?" These are only few of examples in which mathematics comes to use. The usage of mathematics is unlimited. From measuring gas mileage to designing a suspension bridge, mathematics is applied to almost every aspect of our lives. And this is what has mesmerized me the most about mathematics.

I find it fascinating how mathematics acts as the basis for almost every discipline in the world, including chemistry and physics With a firm groundwork in the field of mathematics one can engage his knowledge in mathematics in solving problems in those areas.

Along with the practicability of mathematics, what has made me decide to continue studying on the area is the very fact that I greatly enjoy the subject. I have always had a strong appeal for mathematics and have since nurtured it by taking up and gaining knowledge in it. I relish the challenge and opportunity of expanding my learning horizons and increasing my wisdom in the subject area.

With its possibility of being applied to almost every are of study, the field of mathematics has completely captivated me and made me seek more knowledge in it. Also, the satisfaction I obtain from solving confusing math questions definitely verifies my love for mathematics. It is true that I have already been addicted to this fundamental and advanced subject. I yearn to devote myself to the universe of math by further studies at the University of Michigan.
Fiddysin 6 / 15  
There are a few syntax errors. There should be a period after the word physics in the second paragraph. Also a comma before one in the same paragraph. Other than that, the essay is well-written. However, you may want to be more specific or provide an example for you love of math.
EF_Stephen - / 264  
Examples are always good. there may be a mathematician on the committee, even, who would be interested to know about some complex problem you've solved. Maybe you could talk about a controversial theory. There are lots of ways to approach this besides the generic "I like mathematics" approach.

Just because it's about math doesn't mean you can't be creative.
krazzikittie 8 / 23  
Great essay, i can really feel your passion for the subject.

However, sometimes i feel like its a little too generic, as stephen said. also, the word "mathematics" sometimes feels too repeated.

But i'm sure that with a little development, your essay can be stronger!

Home / Undergraduate / 'love for mathematics' - U of M-what made u choose math major?