"For the Love of Physics" / "Creativity" - favorite books, poems, authors, films, plays, music...

RevtZ_hh 3 / 12  
Share with us a few of your favorite books, poems, authors, films, plays, pieces of music, musicians, performers, paintings, artists, blogs, magazines, or newspapers. Feel free to touch on one, some, or all of the categories listed, or add a category of your own

Physics Study

"For the Love of Physics" by Professor of Physics Walter Lewin in is one of the best books that I ever come across and one of the best inspiration lectures that I ever watched. As I began attending high-school, Lewin's lectures transform my life as they made physics not only accessible but fun, whether swinging with a pendulum ball to prove that mass has no effect on period, beating a student to create electric charges, making a battery out of cans and water or explaining the principle of conservation of energy by exposing himself in the path of 50-kilos-wreaking ball. In For the Love of Physics, Lewin took me to a fabulous trip, opened my eyes as never before to the wonders of physics while simply reading a book. His amazing ability to reveal the beauty and power that nature encapsulates led my way to the path of scientific exploration. I began with simply imitating his experiments and then I raised my own questions and answered the same questions myself. so that I could enjoy science and entertainment.

I asked myself: Why can we snorkel no deeper than about one foot below the surface? Why are the colors of a rainbow always in the same order? Why pendulum ball have the same period whatever its mass? How can a flea be strong enough to pull a book? Walter Lewin always entertains me as he edifies by using clear, simple and straightforward explanations to phenomena that I am familiar with. His book was the rare gem that changed the way I see the world. It brought me to observe, analyze and problems in daily life as a scientific matter, worth studying as more than a simple task.

I will never forgot the book that enhanced my spirit of curiosity and innovation, "Creativity " by professor Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi ,that include interviews with 91 groundbreaking individuals, including Nobel Prize winners. I dove into this this masterpiece that unveiled the common qualities of science, technology and economy pioneers and give me a quenched answer about what does it take to be a successful creative professional. This book gave me a pure perspective about how effort, hard-work and serious curiosity can be efficient to turn amateur intuitions into gigantesque projects. I get so revolutionary ideas that become as a chore in my life. First, is to take criticism as an advantage not as a setback. If people challenge your pursuit , take the chance prove to them the contraire , increase your effort and devote more of attention to your exciting work."Second, is boosting complex thinking by bringing the entire range of human possibilities within myself . Third, which is the most important is that one should capture moments or opportunities that make life worth living which can be materialized by the Euphoria after a successful experiment or a founding so that one can enrich not only scientific field but also go farther by giving a value to people's life.

These books by its globalist view regarding scientific field is completely an in-depth analysis of creativity and science. Through I understand why creativity needs to be cultivated as scientific entertainment and is necessary for the future of The U.S, if not the world.
You need to watch the way you use capitalization with your words. Every word after a period is capitalized. Unless that capitalization is needed because you are stating the title of a book, song, or name of a person, place, or thing. You made this mistake in your first paragraph. I am sure you can catch where you made it :-)

I will say undoubtedly that "For the Love of Physics" by Professor of Physics Walter Lewin

As I began attending high-school, Lewin's lectures transform ...

- This sentence is overly long. You need to state only 1 or 2 examples to make your point.

lead my way in the path of scientific exploration

- ... led my wayto the path of scientific...

So, I begin with simply imitating his experiments and then becometo raise my own questions and answer them fluently so that I can enjoy science and entertainment.

- I began simply by imitating... then I raised my own questions and answered the same questions myself.
- This should also be a new paragraph because it discusses a new topic.

Asking questions as :

-I asked myself:
- You only need to provide sample questions. Limit it to to 2 examples.

And so this that rare gem changed the way I see the world and brought me to observe, analyze and treat problems of daily life as a scientific matter, that worth the study apart from a simple task.

- His book was the rare gem that changed the way I see the world. It brought me to observe... problems in daily life... worth studying as more than a simple task.

This book sows Scientific grains in my mind turning research and knowledge to unspeakable passion .

- This book nurtured science in my mind, turning research and knowledge into an fiery passion.

And I would not forget what enhanced the curiosity and innovation in my young spirit ,

- You never start a sentence with and.
- I will never forget the book that enhanced my spirit of curiosity and innovation...

Through the interviews with 91 groundbreaking individuals, including Nobel Prize winners.

- This sounds like an unfinished sentence. Did you forget some information? You need to complete the thought.

I dive in with this masterpiece

-I dove into this ...

Science, Technology

- Capitalization problem again. Correct this. It is part of the sentence and does not refer to a specific development of technology or the like.

and give me a quenched answer about what does it take to be a successful creative professional.

- ... and gave me the answer to the question "what does it take to be a successful creative professional?".

One of the main problems of your essay is that you persist on speaking in present tense when you should be telling this story from the past tense point of view. You need to correct all of your tenses. Review you paper and revise the tenses to become past tense instead of present tense. That will solve most of the grammar problems of your essay. Also, using arrogance as an example is not a good thing because it makes a person hated. Instead, use something else. Perhaps a person challenged you in the past, saying you could not do something and you thought you could not, but then you took the chance and you did it successfully.

Second is to be creative everywhere to gravitate to centers [...] also go farther by giving a value to people's life .

- Don't suck up. This topic will be a totally separate SOP essay for you when the time comes. Do not discuss the university in this essay. That is not what they want to hear about at this point.

This book by its globalist view regarding scientific [...] necessary for the future of The U.S, if not the world.

- You spoke of two books in your essay and only concluded with one. Revise it to restate your thesis about why those 2 books have influenced you greatly. After all, if these are your favorite books, their themes were sure to have impacted your life in some way.
You made a very good 2nd draft of the paper. Now we can look at how to further improve the essay content wise. More importantly, we can now begin to correct the grammar problems as well. Here we go :-) Blue text means it needs to be added. While strike outs mean delete and the red text is the replacement word or sentence.

"For the Love of Physics" by Professor of Physics Walter Lewin in is one of the best books that I ever come across and one of the best inspiration lectures that I ever watched. As I began attending high-school, Lewin's lectures transform my life as they made physics not only accessible but fun,whether swinging with a pendulum ball to prove that mass has no effect on period, beating a student to create electric charges,...

-... books that I have ever... best inspirational lectures... Lewis lectures transformed my life

Lewin took me to a fabulous trip, opened my eyes as never before to the wonders of physics while simply reading a book.

- ... took me on a fabulous trip and ...

led my way to the path of scientific exploration

- ... led me to the path...

so that I could enjoy science and entertainment.

- So that I could...

I asked myself: Why can we snorkel no deeper than about one foot below the surface? Why are the colors of a rainbow always in the same order? Why pendulum ball have the same period whatever its mass?How can a flea be strong enough to pull a book?

It brought me to observe, analyze and problems in daily life as a scientific matter, worth studying as more than a simple task.

- ... to observe and analyze problems in...

,that include interviews

- that included ...

and give me a quenched answer aboutwhat does

- and gave me an answer to the question "W hat does...

into gigantesque projects

- ... into gigantic ...

I get so revolutionary ideas that become as a chore in my life.

- I developed revolutionary ideas that became a focal point of my life.

First, is to take criticism as an advantage not as a setback. If people challenge your pursuit , take the chance prove to them the contraire , increase your effort and devote more of attention to your exciting work

- First, look at criticisms as advantages instead of setbacks. If people challenge you, then prove them wrong. Increased effort and devotion to work will eventually pay off.

" Second, is boosting complex thinking by bringing the entire range of human possibilities within myself

-... boost complex thinking by challenging yourself to think outside the box and imagine far beyond what the human mind can normally conceive.

Third, which is the most important is that one should capture moments or opportunities that make life worth living which can be materialized by the Euphoria after a successful experiment or a founding so that one can enrich not only scientific field but also go farther by giving a value to people's life .

- Third and most important, capture moments and opportunities to prove the worth of your life, be it the euphoria of a successful experiment or successfully answering a given equation.

- These books offered me a globalist point of view regarding scientific fields. These authors helped me develop an in-depth analysis of creativity and science. Through these books, I came to understand the need to cultivate creativity as scientific entertainment. If science is not eventually considered entertainment, the future of the world may be altered in a negative manner.

Insert the corrections I made and see if the essay will flow better in your opinion. I hope it does :-)
Consular 1 / 9 1  
Since all the correction have been made, I just want to add that if you include another piece of writting to boost your essay.

Home / Undergraduate / "For the Love of Physics" / "Creativity" - favorite books, poems, authors, films, plays, music...