I love running. - one of MIT short essays

something you do just for pleasure

We know you lead a busy life, full of activities, many of which are required of you. Tell us about something you do simply for the pleasure of it. (100 words or fewer)

Just watching what is in front of me, I love to run without worrying about anything.
It is my nature to make people who is running ahead of me my rival and run past them to feel a little success.
When my legs get heavier, I realize not only that i am almost reaching my physical limit, but also that my opponent are far from over as their faces aren't showing the least tiredness.

But i am pretty sure they haven't any hint of idea that they have blazen my passion for running.
Erkhes, when you are asked about doing something just for the pleasure of it, that means you do something simply for the enjoyment of it. Something like painting, binge watching, leisurely strolling in the park, or similar activities that you do to relax and unwind. In this response, you are running not just because you like to run and not have any worries, you like to run because you like picking out someone to compete with. That is counter to the requirements of the prompt. Talk about something that you do because you enjoy doing it without having to compete. Sure running is your passion, but you are doing it for personal competition, not because you just want to blow off some steam and relax, which is the whole point of the essay prompt. Talk about what you do to just relax. No personal competition involved.

Home / Undergraduate / I love running. - one of MIT short essays