My Low Self-Esteem - experience UVM

martesha 1 / 2  
Topic: Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you

My Low Self-Esteem

My dad is in Iraq, my sister is in her own world, my mom is just "too busy", and I am systematically breaking down. My life sucks and I am in shambles. These are the views of a person suffering from low self-esteem and I was that person. I recognize now that low self-esteem attacks a person on three level; emotionally, physically, and ethically.

FINAL DRAFT BELOW
DREAMGIRL 2 / 6  
Dint use such informal language like ''sucks'' and don't write that obesity is a SIN!
There r some typing errors and focus more on the faith and recovering part than how u pushed ppl away and was so self destructive and also mention what changd your attitude.

Wish u luck...
lucky_mimi8592 4 / 8  
My dad is in Iraq, my sister is in her own world, my mom is just "too busy", and I am systamtially breaking down. My life sucks and I am in shambles.

I think u should talk abt ur parents first then ur sister and u. U can talk more abt this, like y ur father is in Iraq, ...

These are the views of a person suffering from low self-esteem and I was that person. I recognize that low self-esteem attacks a person on three level; emotionally, physically, and ethically.

These are what a person with (I'm not sure if "with" is correct. Sr :( ) low self-esteem has to suffer. Being that one, I understand very clearly the three aspects (not sure if this word is correct, sr) that low self-esteem can attack a person's life: emotionally, physically and ethically.

To start Emotionally, low self-esteem can be devastating to a teenager . My emotions ran rapid with ups and downs almost to a chaotic point (I know what u mean, but I am not sure if this sentence is correct. Sr) . Angry, sad, blank (u should use nouns here, not adj were just the tips of my feelings at that time. I was on what Iis called an "emotional roller coaster". I became bitter and confrontational; isolating myself from my family and friendsand family . I once held a grudge against my best friend simply because he listened to the words of someone else not me . I also pushed my ex- boyfriend away because I did not want to be a burden on him. I felt as thoughtdid think that no one would care even if I dieif I were to die no one would even care . In my mind I was a burden on every one andIt was just like nothing is right with mecould do nothing right .

Physically, I was notwhat I could orwho I should be. I watchedfound myself completely change from "enough" to "not quite enough" (I don't understand what u mean here, sr) . My mind struggled with reality and delusion at all times thenand my body suffered the resultshad to suffer . I became obs essed with my looks. I tried diet after dietkept on dieting but nothing worked. I settled with just being a " fat black girl", lazy and without anyno motivation. I never felt I was pretty enough and constantlyalways tried to change who I was. I ate and ate only to make memaking myself hate myself even more. There was always a voice inside telling meThe little voice was constant always in the back of my mind telling me " Just another bite andIt will make you will feel oh so much better." I was unable tocould not find the will to fight back myand as a result fell victim to low self-esteem.

Ethically I am rooted in Christianity. My faith taught me that hope was mines for the asking however this battle was a challenge. Is there a God? Does he see my struggles and will he help? I knew obesity was a sin, but did I deserve this? These were the questions I posed to myself on a daily baasis. I began to question my faith and beliefs. I needed and wanted God but to me he just wasn't there. My Lord said that he would never put more on me than I can bare but my faith was slowly slipping away. I was left to fight the good fight on by myself in my eyes.

Sr, I'm not sure how to correct this paragraph

Faith is the answer I have for low self-esteem. It was faith that opened the doors to hope for me. Just when I thought all hoope was gone my dad came home. He could see throuh my facade and simply expressed to me that communication was the key to reslove. He askedd me repeatedly waht was wrong and finally i opened up.I felt as though a weight had been lifted off of me. My dad told me to let everything go and that it was no good to harbor ill feelings. It was time to stop and forget what others were saying and focus on what was important. He told me to keep my eyes on the prize and always stay focused. God, family, and school were my main priorities according to him and my focus need to remain squarely on those at all times. That faith and hope is what inspired me not only push pass my battles with low se;f-esteem but to alsoo pursue an education at what i perceivee as the greatest university the United States of America has to offer.

I didn't correct this paragraph because I think u can elaborate more on this. U already had 3 paragraph telling u difficulties, so I think this is too short to talk abt how u overcame low self-esteem. Or u can cut out the 3 paragraph above. U need to check the typing, too. I think it'll be better.

Hope it helps. I really appreciate it if u can help me. Good luck to all of us :D
whitney 21 / 38  
As I've pointed out the previuos time,there is errors with the tense. I think you need to continually work on this.
My life is in shambles or so I thought .

Home / Undergraduate / My Low Self-Esteem - experience UVM