'Macau gambling / Arrogant and impatient' - UC majoring in Business and Economics.

paul_1993517 1 / 1  
I aim to transfer to UCB/ UCLA

Prompt#1
Raised in a single-parent family had led me to the path of Business and Economics. I lived with my mother in Macau because my parents got divorced when I was young. My father, who was once a successful entrepreneur in Hong Kong, ran out of his business and was deeply in debt after the Asian financial crisis in 1997. Following up is an economic recession, my parents were suffering significant stresses and strains at that time. They were always arguing about financial issues. I could remember that once I invited my friends to my home, they were just arguing in front of my friends. I realized how economic recession affects not only the market that corrupted the business but also the individual household.

I rarely have a chance to talk with my father because we live in different city. Until I invited him to my high school graduation ceremony, we were talking about my future. He knew that I was interested in Business and Economics. I was shocked that he was willing to share his experiences as an entrepreneur without any embarrassment. During our conversation, my father showed his unique perspective about the global economic market. From my father, I learn that how economic factors, such as the stock market and the currency rate, have a significant influence on the individuals and entrepreneurs. Apart from knowledge, I also learn how to manage stresses and facing life difficulties from my father. My father's experience had enhanced my interest as an entrepreneur.

Two years ago, my mother invested in the Macau's property which generated high rate of return. This has provided me with the opportunity to study abroad. In order to achieve my goal, I chose to study in the US because of its remarkable entrepreneurial ecology. In contrast to Macau's people, I observed that Americans are enthusiastic and optimistic to pursue what they love; they have a belief that their fate lies in their own hands. They are comfortable with the risk-taking that is at the heart of entrepreneurialism. These are the essential qualities that I need to learn from them in order to be a successful entrepreneur.

Hoping to gain more experiences in the fields of business and economics, I worked as an administrative assistant in Golden Ocean Property Agency Limited in Macau last summer. My job is to assist the real-estate agencies to manage their buying applicants and advertise the property. Working in a property agency allows me to have a more deeply understanding of how economic factors affect the society. For instance, the huge purchasing power of the investment immigrant from Mainland China has boosted the property price in Macau. I also learn good prediction on the future market trend would help business to succeed in the starting point. For instance, the owners of the Property Agency, as a successful entrepreneur, grasped the opportunity to start his Property Agency when the gambling industry in Macau started to growth rapidly.

Aiming to further mature as an entrepreneur that creates wealth to the society, I have a strong desire to pursue knowledge in the fields of Business and Economics. I look forward to the rigors and challenges in the University of California which would help me to succeed in the future and my experiences from Macau and my parents will bring unique perspective to the University.

Prompt#2

Three years ago when I was on the way back home with my friends after the Christmas party at 4a.m., I have an argument with three drunken men who want to harass my two female friends. However, they showed displeased and anger for my intervention. Eventually, a fight between the three drunken men and me started with one of the drunken men who attempted to hit my head with a liquor bottle. My friend who witnessed this brutal fight was paralyzed in shock. The fight ended with the involvement of the police. Fortunately, I was not arrested because of my self-defense action.

Unlike my friends, I was arrogant and impatient. I never listen to others because I thought they have nothing to learn, and I always want to do things fast. Not until this incident, I start to make a deep reflection on my past and who I was as a person. I realized how my foolish behaviors affected people around me. Thus, I planned to make a change to myself.

In order to train myself to be more patient, I immediately found the first job in my life as a private tutor of a first-year high school student who failed all his mathematics tests. Whenever I explained any concepts to him, it took a very long time for him to understand the materials. Instead of given up my tutoring job, I continued making adjustment in my teaching method until he could understand the concepts and could apply them to different problems. After spending a month on tutoring, he finally passed his mathematics tests. Through my tutoring job, I learn to think from the point of view of the others and to be patient is essential to achieve life goals.

I was also the team leader of the basketball team in my high school, I was confidence with my talented skills, and I always blamed on my teammates for their turnovers. However, I scored a lot for my team but we never won the games. Aiming to make a change to myself, I apologized sincerely to my teammates for my arrogant and selfish attitudes. Through practices, we won the championship in the last season of my high school career. More importantly, I observed that a successful leader capture the attention, trust and respect of those around them.

Now, I am pleased with my life as my attitudes and leadership could inspire others. This incident motivated me to pursue better selves and reminds me of my proud transformation from an arrogant teenager to a mature person.
Malik Achakzai 3 / 12 3  
You are having fluency, just minor changes needed, as you write piece rest for a while and re read it with an editor theme in mind. Best of luck...

I could remember that once I invited my friends to my home, they were just arguing in front of my friends.

From my father, I learn that how economic factors, such as the stock market and the currency rate, have a significant influence on the individuals and entrepreneurs, apart from knowledge, I also learn how to manage stresses and facing life difficulties from my father.

Prompt#2

Three years ago when I was on the way back home with my friends after the Christmas party at 4a.m., I have anhad argument with three drunken men who want wanted to harass my two female friends.

My friend who friends witnessed this brutal fight was paralyzed in shock.

Instead of given giving up my tutoring job, I continued making adjustment in my teaching method until he could understand the concepts and could apply them to different problems.

I was also the team leader of the basketball team in my high school, I was confidence with my talented skills confident of my talent and skills, and I always blamed on my teammates for their turnovers.

This incident motivated me to pursue better selves and reminds me of my proud transformation from an arrogant teenager to a mature person.
OP paul_1993517 1 / 1  
THANKS!
I also need some feedback
and i am also worrying about the grammar and structure

Home / Undergraduate / 'Macau gambling / Arrogant and impatient' - UC majoring in Business and Economics.