It is now 2013. How has the Macaulay Honors College changed you? (300/less)

hasnaahmed 3 / 21  
*I have to pretend that I am graduating from college.
In this essay i tried to explain my views. Is there anything I can change or need to edit.

ESSAY

That day I was again dreaming about building a house of my own. All those people around me were clapping until my dream was over. I dreamt about becoming an architect from my childhood. My lifetime ambition is becoming true. I am graduating from City College as an architect. I am excited, the same excitement I felt when I got the first report card in elementary school. I feel like a mountain climber who is almost at the peak of the mountain. I cannot wait to get my master's degree and get the first job as an architect. The biggest help is contributed by Macaulay Honors College.

Macaulay Honors College has given me the opportunity to consider myself as a determined person. I consider the scholarship and the opportunities I received from Macaulay as my pride. I have enjoyed all the essence of those beautiful places without even paying any money. A cultural passport, a laptop, internship all have made me feel like a person with high respect and pride. I never had to worry about paying in college or my low-income family background. I could reach my way but Macaulay has made my way easier.

The big change Macaulay has made in my life is the stereotyping of people about me. It has increased my self-esteem. Regardless of money there are a lot more achievements I have achieved from here. It is now 2013 and I am graduating from college. Macaulay has been my vehicle to this path. My journey in this vehicle has left a bigger image in my life. I can proudly say now "I know who I am and how I am".
nguyend 2 / 4  
Just a thought...
Maybe reorganize the opening statements about the dream. To me, they are just a bit confusing.
OP hasnaahmed 3 / 21  
I know i need to work on my first sentence but can't really think of anything. I am so stressed out about my essays. I need help soon. My deadline for applying is Dec-15.
OP hasnaahmed 3 / 21  
I need help fot this essay ASAP.
Please can anyone help me on how to improve my essay?
On graduation day , I was again dreaming about building a house of my own.

I cannot wait to get my Master's Degree and get the first job as an architect.

Take out this sentence: I could reach my way but Macaulay has made my way easier.

The big change that Macaulay has made in my life is that I have learned to distinguish myself even when people try to fit me into a stereotype.

Take out this sentence: It is now 2013 and I am graduating from college.

Macaulay has been my vehicle on this path. My journey in this vehicle has made a big impact on my life. I can proudly say now that, "I know who I am and how I am."
OP hasnaahmed 3 / 21  
Thanks. have a wonderful day.

Home / Undergraduate / It is now 2013. How has the Macaulay Honors College changed you? (300/less)