Major in Computer Science, local community - Why Lafayette?

bobesman94 1 / -  
Why are you interested in Lafayette? (1000 characters)

As I began to narrow down my list of colleges, I couldn't help but be impressed by the things I learned about Lafayette. What made it one of my top choices was the offered major in Computer Science, and the opportunities it could offer me. The fact that the equipment is renewed every two years intrigued me, as it told a lot about the high standards of education you offer.

But while the offered academic programs were remarkable, I found the number of on-campus organizations and clubs that match my interests outstanding. What immediately caught my attention, however, was Lafayette's implication both in the local community, especially into the children education field, and in places in need around the country and the globe, through programs such as Alternative Spring Break.

All these things, coupled with the low student-faculty ratio and the wonderful words current students say about Lafayette, made me realize that I would spend the best years of my life in Easton, as one of your students.

(999 characters used)
keleigh24 1 / 2  
bobesman94
I think the first part is good.

All these things, coupled with the low student - faculty ratio and the wonderful words current students say about Lafayette, made me realize that I would spend the best years of my life in Easton, as one of your students.

But- However,
What immediately caught my attention, however, was Lafayette's implication both in the local community, especially into the children education field, and in places in need around the country and the globe, through programs such as Alternative Spring Break.- Run on sentence. possibly start off with "Immediately, I was impressed by Lafayett's..."

student:faculty
words current students say- wonderful assesments current students have about Lafayette also last sentence is a run on
VVCepheiA 11 / 30 3  
I am also applying for lafayette in CS major :D
I think it is a generally good essay. However, I would recommend write more about you and why those opportunities in lafayette fit you.
Good luck!

Home / Undergraduate / Major in Computer Science, local community - Why Lafayette?