Major in Physics or Mathematics-Statistics; U of Rochester

thekid96 2 / 4  
At Rochester I would expect to major in Physics or Mathematics-Statistics, with a minor in a related area such as actuarial sciences or economics. The certificate program in Actuarial Studies is interesting to me, and this kind of certificate is not available at most other institutions. The flexibility of the curriculum is intriguing because it would allow me to explore and pursue my interests--both in and outside of my major. The opportunity to build my own curriculum separates Rochester from other research institutions.

During my visit to the campus I was intrigued by Ms. Britton's discussion of the Take Five program. If offered admission, I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to apply for your Take Five scholars program. This program holds a special appeal because I am starting college with only a general idea of what I want to study. Where else could I spend an extra semester or year studying my interests outside of my major?

In addition, as someone who appreciates and engages in outdoor activities, the location of the Rochester campus right on the Genesee River is important to me. In the past I have participated in both canoe races and sculling races.
Kristoria 3 / 51 1  
Try to improve the ending. It cuts off the flow of the essay. You had some specific details in reference to the university which is good.
Without seeing your prompt it is difficult to check whether your response is aligned with it. It's good if you tell us what it is and make sure you include the prompt when you open new threads.

The certificate program in Actuarial Studies is interesting to me, and this kind of certificate is not available at most other institutions.

.... why you find it interesting? Better elaborate a bit more that.
rbuttar14 6 / 11 2  
I think you answer the first part of the prompt well, but you need to explain what type of "Meliora" experiences you will have at Rochester more. This is an essential part of the supplement, as they are trying to see if you are a good fit for the school. I like the addition of the Take Five Program, but if possible try to elaborate on how that program will make you into a better person.

Home / Undergraduate / Major in Physics or Mathematics-Statistics; U of Rochester