Why major essay for a tons of school!

Sasakfld 2 / 4 1  
Hi! Someone please help me with the why major essay! Many school requires that.
It might be a little long so I'm wondering which part can be cut in order to reach the word limit(within 300).
Please give me suggestions! Thanks very much.

making an impact in the world of health

Since middle school, I have been participating in the annual Popular Science competition. As I grew older, the knowledge in the textbook "grew" deeper. Instead of "water has surface tension", it talks about the imbalanced force water molecules on the surface received. Instead of "anemia causes fatigue," it says "lack of iron causes the reduction of hemoglobin and oxygen delivery, thus reducing the rate of aerobic respiration and energy production." It was interesting to step by step penetrate into the logic behind everything and to find that applying these theories to practice contributes to a better world.

I particularly want to investigate human biology and improve the life quality of those who suffer from organ failure, so I choose to declare a concentration in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology at Brown. My ambition is retroactive to an academic event where I met Prof. Wan, who introduced bioprinting to me. If someone suffers from organ failure, one recourse is to extract the patient's stem cells, mix them with growth factors and other biomaterials, then print the mixture into a healthy organ that replaces the old one. I was impressed by the great potential of this technology. My great grandma is physically healthy except that she suffers from Alzheimer's Disease caused by the loss of neurons, which cannot be reversed using the existent treatments. Also, there are millions of patients who cannot receive organ donation or they get transplant rejection. Their metabolic system may shut down beginning with just one organ dysfunction. However, regenerative medicine, like a revolution, is aiming to provide radical solutions.

Afterward I researched the current challenges faced by regenerative medicine. Leaning that those difficulties mainly relate to cellular and molecular interactions, I was motivated to delve into these fields, hoping to make an impact in the world of health.
Agirlhasnoname 2 / 2 1  
To reduce the number of words perhaps you could remove one of the examples you used in the first paragraph, that is, the surface tension one or the other word.

And in the essay maybe you could elaborate more on how your grandma's disease is one of your motivations for studying this major.

Home / Undergraduate / Why major essay for a tons of school!