Manga, the Japanese comic - Intellectual engagement

Warrenhuang 1 / 1  
This is an essay i made for the question,
Tell us about an idea or an experience you have had that you find intellectually engaging.

As a fan of art, I really enjoy drawing manga; the Japanese comic. People might find the activity of making comics as something useless and stupid. I think differently where I believe that creating manga is a hard thing to do that requires research and creativity. From my opinion, manga is a media that communicates with people by combining text and pictures. I would like to share my experience in creating manga. Making an interesting story from scratch requires hard work. In creating a solid story, I had to do my research and brain storm ideas in my head. I often train my creativity by doing so, which was beneficial in many sectors of my life. The next thing was to find a way of presenting the story in words and pictures. I learned to approach people in a better way by choosing the right words like how I do it in creating manga. For example, if I wanted to show my appreciation to someone's culinary skills, after tasting their good food, instead of saying "it tastes good" I can say "Can I have some more?" both responses indicate that I like the food but the second response shows more appreciation. In presenting the story, the drawings are a vital part of the manga because every illustration has to fit the situation of the story in order to grasp the reader's attention.

By drawing manga, I learned to be creative and think critically in everything I do. The creativity I developed by making manga was not only beneficial in making stories but also in school activities such as making a good project and coming up with good arguments in my debate contests. I also learned that by changing the way I present something a little, I can have a whole different outcome as result. I always try to be creative and innovative in my life.

Comments are greatly appreciated.
Thank you
mea505 - / 265  
Comments are greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Warren,

Your essay, while it required only a few corrections that I could see, is a work in progress, as far as I am concerned. This does not mean that it is not complete, for it is; it means that the essay can either stand alone or it can be said in so many other ways, or mean so many other things to so many other people. The idea of choosing Magna to use to describe the way you think about doing something with the mind is very unique -- one does not find this attribute in most people's thoughts, which are linear, not like your own.

I liked your essay. In a short fashion, you described how one thinks. And, to that end, you also described how you use a simple concept such as Magna and apply it to the more sophisticated situations in life. And that is unique.

Good Work!

--Mark :)

As a fan of art, I really enjoy drawing manga;Magna: the Japanese comic.

FromIn my opinion, manga is a media that communicatescommunicate with people by combining text and pictures.
--> Here, remember that the word "media" is plural; therefore, it requires the plural for communicate.

For example, if I wanted to show my appreciation to someone's culinary skills, after tasting their good food, instead of saying "it tastes good" I can say "Can I have some more?" both responses indicate that I like the food but the second response shows more appreciation.

--> I certainly like this sentence! It means a lot! It says a lot!
OP Warrenhuang 1 / 1  
Thank you! I appreciate your help.

Home / Undergraduate / Manga, the Japanese comic - Intellectual engagement