"Manufacturing is more than just putting parts together..." SOP Engineering for undergraduate

abhay_khattar 1 / -  
since i am applying in different courses of engineering so i have tried to keep it general.

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
"Manufacturing is more than just putting parts together. It's coming up with ideas, testing principles and perfecting the engineering, as well as final assembly" were the words by James Dyson. Engineering has played a crucial and significant role in paving the way to success for anyone.

As a student I was always curious about the role that engineering had played in the development of the country and knew at that very instant that I wanted to do something in the field of engineering itself. Be it computers or chemicals I never lost the curiosity to discover and learn something new. I enhanced my knowledge by competing in various competitions at the inter-school and intra-school level. Never thinking about only winning I tried to keep my focus and concentrated all of my zeal to earn and gain something new every day. To feed my brains I pursued Non-medical Science (Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Computer Science) as my core subjects in the Higher Secondary. I learnt about the phenomena that rule the world and instantly my curiosity took over me to find and learn more about them. I wondered how I was able to see the beautiful world around me. I wondered how after a downpour and a few rays of sunlight I was able to see the "emotion of children" the RAINBOW. Where did the rocks, rivers, trees come from??? And many more... Not only through competitions i tried to gain the maximum I could from the prescribed textbooks but also some books by international authors. I learnt the basic concepts of C++, organic chemistry making it a whole sum meal. Besides gathering the knowledge I also took to some outdoor sports like Lawn Tennis, Basketball, Cycling, Cricket and Swimming. Reading novels had been my favourite hobby. I was enthralled by the novels by Dan Brown, JK Rowling and Chetan Bhagat.

In order to fulfill my dreams of helping and working towards the welfare of the society I wish to pursue further studies at your esteemed university. As an international student I would like to study in United Kingdom because it has rich, vibrant culture accompanied by long and strong tradition of education that encourages research and development, which is indispensable to any student's success. I look forward to pursue my Bachelors degree in United Kingdom.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
thanks for reading and please comment... :D
Abhay, we can probably make this a generic essay once you learn what the true purpose of your interest in higher studies actually is. Right now, you are just rattling off the academic interests that you pursued, but the reason for the pursuit is not clear. When you say "my dreams of helping and working towards the welfare of the society " , that cannot really be considered an actual purpose for your interest in masters studies in engineering.

In fact, I would advise you not to try and submit the same essay to every university you apply to. You will always have to change some parts of the SOP depending upon the demands of the university of their masters degree applicants. While you can retain about 75 % of the original essay, you need to tailor at least 25 % of the essay to highlight the opportunities at the university you are applying to.

Try to revise this essay by presenting the purpose for your application and its relevance to your professional life. All of those factors combine to create a clear picture of what your reasons for reaching for higher academic training truly is.

Home / Undergraduate / "Manufacturing is more than just putting parts together..." SOP Engineering for undergraduate