Marist College short answer; be able to learn at the Poughkeepsie campus

courtney24601 3 / 3 3  
The topic for Marist's short answer is "Why do you believe Marist College would be a good academic match for you?"

My Response:
Marist would be a good academic match for me because of its wide array of majors, minors, and other activities. Every major I could possibly be interested in is offered at Marist College. Also, Marist gives you every opportunity to thrive at your classes with small class sizes, professors who are easily accessible, and various tutoring centers. As a student who struggles with math, I would definitely take advantage of the math lab. Marist's intimate atmosphere will allow me to feel comfortable and meet like-minded people to flourish socially and academically. I would not only be able to learn at the Poughkeepsie campus, but I would be able to receive a global education by taking advantage of the study abroad program. Marist's diverse academic programs would allow me to work extremely hard academically, while allowing me to enjoy the work.

It would be amazing if you could tell me what you think of it overall, if I have any grammatical errors, or anything I should add. Every critique is helpful.

Thank you so much! Also, if you would like to leave a link and I can read one of your threads.
Didgeridoo - / 306 191  
It sounds very... vague... A lot of colleges have majors, minors, and other activities, small class sizes, accessible teachers, tutoring, and study abroad programs. Even though this is an essay about Marist, it's first and foremost an essay about you. Get specific. Your sentence about the math lab was good. You said "Every major I could possibly be interested in is offered at Marist College." What are they? What do you want to learn, how do you want to learn, and how is Marist going to help you reach your fullest academic potential?

Grammatically, it looks fine to me. You write very well, and if you make your essay a little less vague, your response will stand out that much more compared to the other hundreds/thousands written in the same way.

Hope that helped!
OP courtney24601 3 / 3 3  
Thank you so much! I am definitely going to add more descriptive and personal details.
yara 3 / 4  
yes I agree, you should be more descriptive but you have the basic idea so good luck :)

Home / Undergraduate / Marist College short answer; be able to learn at the Poughkeepsie campus