Master' s Degree in Social Work - admission essay

Joe_7 1 / -  
One of the reasons why I wish to enter the program at XXX is that I would feel honored to study at such a distinguished institutions with such a long historical tradition of preparing people to learn how to best help other.

With an experience working in INGO for past 6years, I got an opportunity to come across different underprivileged adolescents, especially those with a history of behavioral and emotional problems. I would like to put to use this knowledge to do my Bachelors in Social Care in XXX to enhance my concrete knowledge with quality education and standard degree. I believe that this subject would be invaluable in helping me achieve the objectives in my life.

After my higher secondary education I took 2years of Computer programming course and joined my current job. My experience has helped me to understand the different facts of living. I have learned a lot from my job. I have become more efficient and sincere to every task that I take. The most important part that I learnt is "the team work". With a good team spirit you can face every challenge that comes to your way.

During my work period I got an opportunity to closely observe every political, criminal and social issues of my country. All these experiences have given me valuable insight into the academic course that I want to enroll in. With the knowledge and degree from XXX I see myself ....

Besides, curriculum activities I am also interested in Poetry. I take photography as one of my hobbies because I am very much close to nature.

I believe that my background, my ambition, and my resourcefulness will enable me to make a valuable contribution to the society and be helpful hand to make a significant difference in their lives with the aid of a Master' s Degree in Social Work. I want to thank you for consideration of my application.

Note: If a'one can add more , very apprecited.
You describe yourself and your accomplishments in vague, general terms that are utterly unmemorable. Deal in specifics if you want the admissions people to take your essay seriously. For instance:

"I got an opportunity to come across different underprivileged adolescents, especially those with a history of behavioral and emotional problems." Describe some of these adolescents, the problems they had, how you helped them, what you learned from them. Tell a gripping story that makes the reader want to keep reading.

"I believe that this subject would be invaluable in helping me achieve the objectives in my life. " What objectives are these? And how will the subject help you?

"My experience has helped me to understand the different facts of living" How? Again, specific, detailed narratives are good.

"During my work period I got an opportunity to closely observe every political, criminal and social issues of my country. All these experiences have given me valuable insight into the academic course that I want to enroll in." See above.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
You say that "During my work period I got an opportunity to closely observe every political, criminal and social issues of my country." Surely, you must have some stories to tell! As Sean says, details and examples are what this essay needs most.

Home / Undergraduate / Master' s Degree in Social Work - admission essay