Mastercard foundation - my passion for helping others

dmsc 1 / -  
hey good people.can you please help me revew my essay

Even little things make a big difference

We want to hear what excites you and what you are passionate about .please write about a topic that is important to you and how this reflects your personal values. (50-250 words)

Even little things make a big difference! Helping others is my passion. Realising that our lives are great when we share and that great inner joy comes from helping others to better their lives is the reason why I am strongly passionate about helping others. It is not about the significance of the help I offer but about how much love and compassion I put into helping.

I remember in school when my fellow classmates would ask me to help with some work, I would work with them. Even when I was not sure of my answers, I would end up being corrected as well. One writer once said, "To find yourself, lose yourself in the service of others" It has been my experience that when I focus on helping others, I am less likely to be consumed by my own concerns and challenges. Helping provides me the opportunity to look beyond my own world of problems and see the bigger picture. As I go by my daily errands, I feel important when I help the elderly with their stuff or even the disabled. That smile on their faces after I help kindles my self-esteem, brings me happiness and integrity. At church I would take the little ones and help them in Sunday school studies and I would see joy in them during these sessions. Helping helps me realize all the love I have to give and makes me feel more connected to goodness and kindness.
I do not believe that this essay reflects a personal value that can be reflected in your being helpful. Being helpful is a character trait but it is not something that a person can be passionate about because you are being generally helpful. You are not being helpful to a cause or towards an ideology that you are promoting. Therefore, this essay cannot reflect a personal value such as integrity, honesty, compassion, citizenship, or fairness, to name a few examples of personal values that have an "exciting" reference to it, Even the example that you chose to use for this essay is too simple to be considered a valuable reference to something that you see as a personal value. There is a disconnect between being helpful and learning from others, plus overcoming your own challenges. Those are all different topics that could be used as individual responses to this prompt. However, the prompt is asking for only one example so it would be best to choose a core personal value that you enjoy participating in as an activity. If you want to continue to use the "being helpful" as a response then you will need to build a better explanation for it than you have now.

Home / Undergraduate / Mastercard foundation - my passion for helping others