"Math comes naturally to m" - help me and revise my UMD essay

rubberman 2 / 6  
According to Henry David Thoreau, "One is not born into the world to do everything, but to do something." What is your something?

My something is math. For as long as I can remember, math has been my favorite subject. Every time I go to school, I get excited whenever I go to my math class. Math comes naturally to me and is easy to understand. The reason I love math is probably because I came from India which teaches higher level math at a young age. I remember when I was taking Trigonometry, everyone in the class was struggling because they didn't understand it. I ended up doing well in that class since it wasn't very hard for me. I tried to do really good in other academic subjects but they didn't come naturally to me. Right now, I am taking calculus and even though it is a hard course, I still love doing problems. Since math is easy for me, I am thinking of pursuing a major that involves math.
triplesmickey 1 / 39  
Your answer to the question is a straight answer, the approach of which feels confident and eloquent. However, you prove to be more of a theoretical speaker than a demonstrative one. This means, that you have not demonstrated a clear vision of how Trigonometry has sounded 'not very hard'.

Now, as for me to say, I do not find your reason very attention evoking. Now say, I like people who like challenges, and most admission officers do. Now if you write about what challenges you most in Mathematics, that would perhaps be a nicer approach and a more interesting way of expressing how you have been seeking higher education towards your firm Mathematics 'destiny', for the lack of a better term.

Thus far, that has been what I have in mind. Let's see what others have to say.
OP rubberman 2 / 6  
Thanks man. I was confused about how to end with it.
sarium 1 / 3  
I agree with triplesmickey,
perhaps you could be more descriptive and expand your essay a tad. But otherwise it a very well attention grabbing.

what is the requirements for the essay length wise?
OP rubberman 2 / 6  
300 words. Can you give some examples on how to expand it. Also thanks for commenting.
Yes, expand on this main concept:
My something is math.

For as long as I can remember, math has been my favorite subject. Every time I go to school, I get excited whenever I go to my math class. These are redundant, because you already said your something is math.

Math comes naturally to me and is easy to understand

Delete these to make room for 3 more sentences at the end of the essay. Let them be sentences about what you want to do to contribute to the world... financial adviser? Economist? Math teacher? Accountant? Brain research?

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "Math comes naturally to m" - help me and revise my UMD essay