Math, coop system - AIF-Reasons for Choosing The Programs

iwillbeaccepted 1 / -  
I'm applying to three programs that are not related, so it is hard to state my interest and career goals. Could you provide suggestions for anything? Thanks :)

Reasons for choosing your program and Waterloo

(*Required)
Please tell us about your educational goals, your interest in your chosen program(s), and your reasons for applying to the University of Waterloo. If you have applied to more than one program please discuss your interest in each program. (900 character limit)

I was drawn to SYDE, FARM and Math and BBA double degree because of my genuine interest in science. I have been challenging myself in different problems since I was first introduced to math contests in primary school. Participating in various contests has raised my interest to pursue a career in the science field, more specifically, being a product developer or financial analyst. SYDE and its breadth of disciplines will prompt a wide variety of options that will complement my interests and career goals, while FARM and the double degree program will give me insight into the financial fundamentals, preparing me to be a CFA. Waterloo's innovative learning environment and coop system are inspiring as I aspire to take challenges to develop my academic and interpersonal skills. It is essential for my long-term goal to develop solutions and to be able to contribute to society using technology.
You have to allot 300 characters per program. Revise the essay to clearly present your educational goal and Waterloo choice based on the word allotment that i provided. That way, even though you have an interest in unrelated programs, you will be able to provide a proper educational goal and Waterloo reason for each program. That means, you will write 150 characters at the most for each program education goal and Waterloo reference. Doing that will at the very least, allow you present a summarized thought process that could provide an insight into the required responses. It is better to divide the responses and have a clear reference for each required discussion point, than to have a summarized presentation that is going to be confusing for the reviewer to consider or understand. You don't have to connect the dots in this instance, you can present these programs individually since that is necessary to create a proper response on your end. Try writing these using a 2 sentence method. A straight reason for choosing the program and a clear reason why you chose Waterloo based on your program goals.

Home / Undergraduate / Math, coop system - AIF-Reasons for Choosing The Programs