'Mathematics has become an indispensable part of my life' -educational interstst

lenhhoxung 1 / 1  
TOPIC: In English, describe your educational interests and goals and what your plans are for when you return to your home country. Please include an explanation of why you would like to study the major you have selected.

When I studied in my secondary school, Math was my favorite subject. The figures, the equations, the theorems seemed to have a strange attraction for me. I could spend many hours to study Math. Naturally, I felt very happy when finding solution for a difficult problem and wondered if there were some issues that I did not understand. My passion for Mathematics remained entirely until now and maybe forever. And I did not know when Mathematics has become an indispensable part of my life.

The period that I studied at high school was great for me. I learned in a school with very good quality of sciences, especially Math. I could easily find friends who had the same passion about Mathematics like me, beside the good and enthusiastic teachers. It was indeed a favorable environment for me. I learned many things: the professional knowledge, experiences and valuable skills about life. That was the first foundation for my future.

But I know that's not all and I need to try more and more. I always want to attend a good university that helps me continue to learn Mathematics and pursue my passion. I want to contribute for society by bringing my knowledge into real applications. That is reason why I apply to the University of Minnesota and hope this will be where I am studying in the future. Minnesota is a university with a long tradition and strong fields of science such as: Chemistry, Mathematics etc. And I believe that University of Minnesota is my exact choice if I want to satisfy my desire.

Mathematic has an important role. It has many applications in Information Technology, Physics, Chemistry and the daily life of us. Roger Bacon who was a famous scientist said that: "Mathematics is the door and the key to go into the other sciences.". I am particularly interested in an applied mathematics-number theory. It is widely used in cryptography, artificial intelligence and holds an important role in computer science. I have been involved in a game called "Finding Treasure" at my high school. My friends and I must solve the short cipher text to find suggestions for the location of "treasure". After seeking in a long time, in the end my team had won and I will never forget that moment. The mysterious lines of code make me feel very excited. I want to research more about encryption and take its applications into life such as: privacy problem and the progress of computer science. And to achieve this, the knowledge of Mathematics is indispensable. This is also part of my major selection.

Maybe I will continue my education in graduate school after college for further study in order to be stronger in knowledge in my field, but finally I will of course return to Viet Nam, my home country. Viet Nam is now developing with a quite fast pace, and

the country is in need of fresh and advanced ideas about science which I will bring back from abroad. I tend to have a worth opportunity to contribute for the development of my

country. Upon my return, I firstly use my knowledge in a specific field to work for a few years, while increasing my ideas independently. At appropriate time when the chance of turning these ideas into reality comes, I surely try to start my own research. My education at University of Minnesota will be the pivot to raise my childhood's dreams up in the future.
I could spend many hours studying Math.

My passion for Mathematics remained entirely until now and maybe will be with me forever.

And I did not know whenNow I realize that Mathematics has become an indispensable part of my life.

I learned in a school with very good quality classes in the sciences, especially Math.

I could easily find friends who had the same passion about Mathematics as me, besides the good and enthusiastic teachers.

That is reason why I apply to the University of Minnesota and hope this will be where I am studying in the future.

Viet Nam is now developing at quite a fast pace, and the country is in need of fresh and advanced ideas about science, which I will bring back from abroad.

I intend to have a worthy opportunity to contribute to the development of my country.

Upon my return, I will firstly use my knowledge in a specific field to work for a few years, while increasing my ideas independently.

Good luck with school and have fun!

:)
OP lenhhoxung 1 / 1  
oh. Thank you so much. :D

Home / Undergraduate / 'Mathematics has become an indispensable part of my life' -educational interstst