"mathematics and social studies" - subjects in which you have excelled. Your success?

hugorod11 1 / -  
The subjects that I believe that I have excelled the most in high school are mathematics and social studies. They have both have been very easy for me to understand them . Social studies has always been very appealing to me. I have always had a passion and appreciation for social studies . In high school in my social studies classes the one thing I looked forward the most was getting the book for the class. The books contained so much information that we never finished them all in class. But I always did. I would sit there in class after I've finish my work earlier and sit there and read the book not cause I had to but because I liked to. People would ask me why I'm reading the book if I could be doing something else like talk or take I nap. I would always say because I like to. The best social studies classes I have had are US History, World History and Latin American History. My favorite class was World History because I like to learn about other countries history.

Mathematics is another subject that have excelled in high school. I like the fact that Mathematics challenges me to work harder at solving a problem. In my 8th grade year in middle I took algebra with other student who were also good at mathematics. But I struggled with finding slope so my teacher helped me become better at finding slope. So once I got into high school I took algebra again but this time every was very easy because of how my middle school teacher taught me to solve everything. This time I did not have a problem finding the slope. The next year I took geometry and saw that it was harder then algebra. But my teacher Mr.Mabin and my Upward Bound teacher Mr.Brandson helped me through the class and pass with a good grade. Then my junior year I took algebra II, which was just like algebra but just a step higher. I passed the class with a good grade also. This year I'm taking Pre Calculus and it's like algebra II. But its lot harder then algebra II. Mr.Mabin Is my teacher this year and he explains the problems good but If I need a very detailed explanation I go to Mr.Brandson. He goes into full detail on solving the problem and teaches me easier way to get the problem done.
kikiallen 1 / 10  
Ok I understand your approach with the essay topic is to just answer it straight forward. I think your essay would be better if you go in depth more than, rather than just saying I did this and that. The essay seems a little dull, and I think you should do some revising. I keep getting distracted from all the periods that you put, you can really connect your sentences together.

for example:Social studies has always been very appealing to me. I have always had a passion and appreciation for social studies--. connect them and explain why you might have this passion for social studies. These sentences seem incomplete.

Revise and I know you will have a good essay! good luck!

can you look at my essay--. difficult subject
The subjects that I believe the subjects in which I have excelled the most in high school are ...

They have both have been very easy for me to understand them .

The books contained so much information that we never finished them all in class -- but I always did. ------Ah, I like this part!! I made a small change to make it even better with a dash.

I would sit there in class after I've finish my work earlier and sit there and read the book, not cause I had to but because I liked to. People would ask me why I was reading ...

Mr.Mabin Is is my teacher this year, and ...

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "mathematics and social studies" - subjects in which you have excelled. Your success?