mathematics, Wellesley-Describe your intellectual interests....

ace 5 / 66 5  
Describe your intellectual interests, their evolution, and what makes them exciting to you. Tell us how you will utilize the academic programs in the College of Arts and Sciences to further explore your interests, intended major, or field of study.

please help

"No man is an island" as Mathematics has proven to me. Many do not realize the importance of math, especially I, before the start of my Advanced Level course. Before 2008 A.D., I was a mathematics 'crack'. I took the subject for granted as I could easily score an A plus without as much looking at a mathematics book.

The first A-Level mathematics test I took, I got the lowest mark I had ever attained in my entire life; am sure it was an ungraded grade. Looking at my paper, I just did not comprehend anything that was happening around me. Fear crept all around me. My palms were flowing rivers that could not dry up no matter how much tissue I used. I questioned so much if I were going to get the grades required for entrance into medical school. It took so much out of me to tell myself that it would never happen again, and all I needed was to just work harder. Besides, I thought, any form of help was really unnecessary. The months went on, but I had only improved to a C plus. Finally, I gave myself permission to attend mats clinic, and I quickly upgraded to a ninety-six percent. With that, I assumed I would not need extra help as I could learn pre-calculus in less than a week. I had deceived myself in believing I had done it alone. Into my exams, I just went in assuming that I am great at calculus, so I really do not need much preparation. I did not get my A nor a B. Without a doubt, she is by far, the biggest struggle in my academic life.

However, with the beginning of A2 came a New Year, bringing a new approach to life; anything I did not understand or grasp, the next step would be to ask for help, including math clinic. Now I work hard to maintain A grades, with frequent visits to math clinic and quick chats with teachers after a lesson. But I have also learnt to ask for needed help no matter what I am doing.

Although mathematics is not my intended major, it is still exciting to me as it has taught me the most important life skills. And regardless of the ache I have endured due to the subject, I still find her highly comforting after solving a difficult problem. Most importantly, she has taught me perseverance, no matter how hot the fire becomes. I believe that math is not just the finally answer, but really the path to the answer. My main intension is to join the Oliver Club as it will allow me to integrate with other students just as, if not more, enthusiastic about mathematics. It could also help me learn how to appreciate mathematics at a much challenging level. Since my main goal is to become a medical doctor, I hope that all the energy invested into the subject will help me improve my logical skills and quick reaction to problems that I will face in the field.
timetime 1 / 3  
Is it for Wellesley? I don't think they require this question??? confused...
Before 2008, A.D. I was a mathematics 'crack'. I took the subject for granted, as I could easily score an A plus without so much looking at a mathematics book.

Keep the tense consistent:
Into my exams, I just went in assuming that I am great at calculus, so I really did not need much preparation.

You obviously are an impressive student! I hope the physicians who take care of me will always be people with your good attitude and work ethic.

I think you should give a sentence of explanation after this, so that the reader knows what you mean. Give a sentence to explain that the life skills it taught you are the ones you used to rise to the occasion and improve your achievement.
OP ace 5 / 66 5  
thanx EF_kevin
timetime sorry its for cornell made a mistake
Mustafa1991 8 / 373 4  
Read the prompt again. What are your interests? How have they taken shape? Why are they your interests (i.e. how are they exciting?) ? How will this school or program serve to enhance your curiosity through action?

Stick to the prompt, and don't sling in something unrelated at the end.

Home / Undergraduate / mathematics, Wellesley-Describe your intellectual interests....