May 24, 2012, my whole life changed; My Personal Statement

philo138 1 / 2  
May 24, 2012, my whole life changed. That was the time the veil was removed. I walked out of that door feeling the same, but knowing something that would change my life forever. Jesus Saves! The more I thought about it, the more I grew. I didn't know what to do, but I knew I wanted to do something it was a thirst that needed to be quenched.

He was determined to make me a true child of God. I had a wonderful time experiencing Jesus, but it always wasn't sweet and dandy. Nevertheless, Roman 8:28, says "All things work together for good to those who love the Lord, and to those who are the called according to His purpose.", and it's true. Though I went through hardships and setbacks it all led to me growing and becoming a strong and beautiful young woman of God who I am today, he makes everything work together for my good. I remember nights where I couldn't go to sleep and cried myself to sleep, but it all led to the growth of a beautiful woman of God. The tangibly of this was incredible something was happening, the more I grew, the more obstacles I faced. Nonetheless, through it all it led to an expected end, like Dolly Parton once said "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain". Everything I went ended up making me stronger. I no longer wanted to live as the world lived, I wanted to see feel something, someone different, Jesus. I wanted to know him.

So around June and may I started Worshipping like never before experiencing God in a new and totally different way. Of course, I had more obstacles, but "I must go through the valley to stand upon the mountain of God". (I lyric from a Christian Group called Third Day). Like I said something different was happening I realized now every time I overcame something not only was I exceedingly joyful, but I wanted I thrived to help others overcome it as well, I rejoiced in the truth. From that point on my heart kept on growing in love and all the waste and hatred started deteriorating away. I know that this is who God appointed me to be, that this is me.
but I knew I wanted to do something it was a thirst that needed to be quenched.

but I knew I wanted to do something. It was a thirst that needed to be quenched.

Though I went through hardships and setbacks it all led to me growing and becoming a strong and beautiful young woman of God who I am today,

I think you can cut off the "who I am today" part here.

You present your emotions well in the essay but I some parts are a little confusing.

Home / Undergraduate / May 24, 2012, my whole life changed; My Personal Statement