McDonald's "Work experience"- will review your essays

deremifri 9 / 137  
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum).

"The professor grills burgers at McDonald's", my friend said when I told him about my new job. Admittedly, fast food is not as intellectually challenging as the things I usually concern myself with. However, McDonald's gives me an opportunity to learn from life.

I started at McDonald's with the resolution to find out what some people had to endure their whole life. I experienced the total physical exhaustion after a day filled with monotony, pressure and suspended breaks.

However, I started to really understand when I talked with an old African immigrant who had worked for McDonald's for ten years. "I have to support family", he said wearily. When I looked in his apathetic eyes I intensely felt the hopelessness of a man stuck in a meaningless job for the rest of his life and knew why he did not protest low salary or unfair treatment.

It was a beautiful moment; something I thought of as impossible had happened: True understanding between two totally different people had taken place.

997

Please be harsh
Riddi 7 / 16  
"I started at McDonald's with the resolution to find out what some people had to endure their whole life"-----to me it's not a good enough reason for working in McD, you could have chose some other place as well to experience this why McD (if thats what you really wanted to answer---think some concrete reason!)

"I experienced the total physical exhaustion after a day filled with monotony, pressure and suspended breaks. "....how ? You havent mentioned your responsibilities there, what was your job in Mcd?

Right now the essay seems to be more concentrated on what you took back from your job! If thats what the prompt is looking for I will say, 'good job!"...but the prompt asks you to describe your work experience...I would suggest you to begin by describing your job profile and then combine the incident that you included at that end!...

Hope this may help you!

Good luck with your application!

Would be happy if you could give your opinion on my SOP as well! Thanks! :)
pinkstarbaby 6 / 15  
It's a good thing to add lessons you've learned from work experiences, but I think the prompt is literally asking for a description. Perhaps add details as to what you did while working in McDonalds.

Hope this helps and best of luck! :-)

Do you mind reading my essay on "Kit Kats"? I would greatly appreciate it. <3
worried26 1 / 23  
I agree with what everyone else has said. Not a bad essay, but write more about the things you did during your work experience. What tasks did you do? Perhaps you can tie this in with talking to the man you met at the end? Perhaps you bonded with him while doing all these tasks?

Anyway, be sure to describe what exactly you did from McDonald's, then include what you gained and learned from it.

Hope this helps! Also, could you please look at my essay as well? I would really appreciate it!
jonjojonjo 4 / 9  
It doesn't give details about you. I think you should be more specific about your job and effect of it.

Home / Undergraduate / McDonald's "Work experience"- will review your essays