'the MEC (Model European Council)' - Elaborate on an EC -COMMONAPP

sashnv 2 / 2  
March of 2011 I had the amazing opportunity to take part in the MEC (Model European Council) which was being hosted in Varese (Italy). The MEC is a political simulation organized by the European Schools. Selected students from each of the 13 schools take on roles as politicians from the 27 member states of the EU, and take part in a 3 day run of council and plenary sessions. I have always loved debating since debating is an endeavor in logicDuring Last year, I took the role of Romania's Foreign affairs minister and had the duty to defend the countries interests and represent its ideology. I have always enjoyed debating and defending what I think is right and contrasting my thoughts with people around me, however the MEC was a new challenge for me; I had to support the policies and ideas of Romania's current government and that meant they didn't necessarily accord to mine. For the first time, I had to debate not for my own sake, but for the country I was currently representing. It is a challenging activity because you might feel uncomfortable with what you are supporting but on the other side, it was a useful exercise to show empathy and to look at things from another perspective.
pumpkinpatch - / 3  
March of 2011, I had the amazing opportunity to take part in the MEC (Model European Council) which was being hosted in Varese (Italy). The MEC is a political simulation organized by the European Schools What are the European Schools? Elaborate! . Selected students from each of the 13 schools take on roles as politicians from the 27 member states of the EU. The three day conference is chockfull of mock council and plenary sessions where we [describe what exactly you do] this is just a suggestion!

New Paragraph Last year, I took the role of Romania's Foreign Capitalize! A ffairs Capitalize! M inister and had the duty to defend the countries interests and represent its ideology. I have always enjoyed debating and defending what I think is right and contrasting my thoughts with people around me, and being at the MEC provided myself with a new challenge. I had to support the policies and ideas of Romania's current government and that meant they didn't necessarily accord to mine. For the first time, I had to debate not for my own sake, but for the country I was currently representing. At first I felt uncomfortable but [...]. it was a useful exercise to show empathy and to look at things from another perspective. Not the best ending. Did the empathy you felt for Romania affect you in anyway? What perspectives were you looking at? How were those important? Those should be questions you answer in your response, all you're currently doing is describing what happened, colleges want to know what you took away from this event and how it shaped you as a whole.

Hope this helped!(:

Home / Undergraduate / 'the MEC (Model European Council)' - Elaborate on an EC -COMMONAPP