'mechanical engineering course' - department or program at MIT appeals to you

MIT2016 2 / 18  
Hi,
Here's my essay that I've written for my application. I would really appreciate any help from the people in this forum. I have to send this essay within the next SEVEN days.

The mechanical engineering course offered at MIT has been my ambition ever since the genesis of my interest in nano-robotics. I aspire to be involved with the undergraduate research opportunities available at MIT, especially those concerning nano-scale electronics and nano-mechanics. The expertise of Professor Sang-Gook Kim on the design of nano-scale products, which includes muscle-inspired-actuators and nano-electro-mechanical-systems (NEMS), the sophisticated photo-interferometer of the Nano-Structures Laboratory, plus the acquisition of hands-on experience in engineering through UROP, when integrated with my goal to devise nano-robots, worthy of extirpating the structural integrity of HIV, would usher the potential of unthought-of nano-particle treatment. (99 words)

I would really APPRECIATE your kind help. Thank you, in advance.
sunnyIIT - / 2  
A wonderfully written essay. Specific and concise. Good luck with your dream School! Cheers...you did well!
MollieB2 - / 1  
Precise and to the point. I really like this essay. This essay really sums up your dream and reason to attend MIT. Good luck with that college.
williams01 2 / 5  
This is nice ..s . u have done a wonderffull job with the wrd limit :) ....i felt that the last sentence is a bit long
involved in is better than involved with
good luck with MIT
OP MIT2016 2 / 18  
Hi, thanx for the feedback. Yes, the last sentence is a bit long but I want to it to be so. Thus I have modified it to the following.

The mechanical engineering course offered at MIT has been my ambition ever since the genesis of my interest in nano-robotics. I aspire to be involved in the undergraduate research opportunities available at MIT, especially those concerning nano-scale electronics and nano-mechanics. The photo-interferometer utility of the Nano-Structures Laboratory, the expertise of Professor Sang-Gook Kim on the design of nano-scale products: muscle-inspired-actuators and nano-electro-mechanical-systems (NEMS), plus the acquisition of hands-on experience in engineering through UROP, when integrated with my goal to devise therapeutic nano-robots would usher the potential of unthought-of nano-particle treatment, worthy of extirpating the structural integrity of HIV. (98 words)

Hope this is better. :)
williams01 2 / 5  
It is better than last one ... :)
bt ill like to comment on one thing : I think the last part may appear like you are bragging ..

The photo-interferometer utility of the Nano-Structures Laboratory, the expertise of Professor Sang-Gook Kim on the design of nano-scale products: muscle-inspired-actuators and nano-electro-mechanical-systems (NEMS), plus the acquisition of hands-on experience in engineering through UROP are exactly what I require to advance my idea of devising therapeutic nano-robots that can make prominent contribution to the field nano-partice treatment.

This is just a suggesstion ...do as u please .
P.S Happy writing:)
Ferqan - / 2  
Is there any restriction for size of essay?
Because it seems to be very short for MIT :)
BTW,nice essa...
OP MIT2016 2 / 18  
@Williams01: Excellent suggestion. Thank you for helping me out on that. :)
@Ferqan: Yes, MIT has a word limit of 100 for the first two essays and 250 for the last three essays.
Ferqan - / 2  
Ok...and u are in high-school,right?
Colud i know your exams' results? (and TOEFL if u've taken?)

Home / Undergraduate / 'mechanical engineering course' - department or program at MIT appeals to you