Media and Communication: Indicating understanding of program, motivation for studying

Lyre 1 / -  
Hello all. This an essay for admission into RMIT's Foundation program for Media and Communications. In the essay, I need to indication understanding of program, my motivation for studying said program and what I expect to do upon completion of program. I really want to get in would appreciate any help given. Thanks!

I am currently serving the Singapore Armed Forces for 2 years and will be operationally ready next year. Due to my military commitments, I unfortunately have to take a break from furthering my studies. Due to that, I strongly believe that enrolling into the foundation program will get me back on my feet and impart to me the knowledge to pursue a bachelor's degree.

Ever since I was a child, I have been considerably good at languages. I have always enjoyed the English and Mandarin classes at school. In polytechnic, these were replaced by with lectures and tutorials on communication skills which I enjoyed all the same. During my time in polytechnic, I took up Japanese lessons in my free time and have since completed the then JLPT3. I find joy in listening to others' ideas as well as sharing my own with them. This has constantly allowed to look at issues from a different point of view. In the military, communication is paramount. Without it, orders cannot move down the command chain and chaos may ensue. Likewise, in the world we live in, communication is crucial. Everybody can communicate in one way or another. But how you communicate will portray a certain image to others around you. In order to portray one's desired image, a combination of utilising the right media and communication skills is needed. I want to have the ability to communication effectively and in turn help others to do the same.

After countless hours of researching the various communication courses available, I decided that the foundation program in Media and Communications offered by Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) suited my needs. The program offers a myriad of subjects ranging from English to Culture and Society that will develop my communication skills. It also has a balance of theory and hands-on lesson which greatly attracts me as I believe that will allow me to learn more effectively. Due to the program being offered only to international students, I will be able to interact with students from all over the world and discover new perspectives on various topics. The foundation program will also equip me with the neccessary skills and confidence to further my education in a degree program in RMIT as it has done with the many before me.

After completion of the program, I want to proceed on with a Bachelor in Communication degree program offered by RMIT. There, I will be able to build upon the skills and knowledge acquired in the foundation program. I will strive towards my ambition of working in the communications industry and to work together with people and organizations to successfully and efficiently portray the image they wish. That is where I know that everything I learnt from both the foundation and degree program will take me forward in my career.

In conclusion, I want to have the skills and opportunity to have a role in the way people look at certain matters and I know that RMIT can give me the knowledge and abilities to progress there. I hope to graduate from RMIT with a bachelor's degree and proudly proclaim that I was from RMIT.
sameercool87 1 / 3  
a good motivation program. i think u should add little on ur previous records to show ur interest
Don't say "due to" twice:
Due to my military commitments, I unfortunately have to take a break from furthering my studies. Due to that, I strongly believe that enrolling into the foundation program will get me back on my feet and impart to me the knowledge to pursue a bachelor's degree.----great sentence!!!

In polytechnic, these were replaced---What is Polytechnic.. a school? If so, capitalize it.

... command chain and chaos may ensue. ---You have a great writing style.

Likewise, in the world we live in, this world communication is crucial.

Everybody can communicate in one way or another. But how you communicate will portray a certain ---I crossed out a useless sentence.

Great job here. How about adding one more meaningful idea to that conclusion so that the reader is left with something to think about... something about your intentions for the future.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / Media and Communication: Indicating understanding of program, motivation for studying