Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

(medical field and technology) Purde: Personal/ Professional goals

combustlemons 1 / -  
The question of this essay was; Describe how a Purdue education will help you achieve your personal and/or professional goals.

I have not finished this essay, but I wanted this corrected. Thanks in advance.

For the first 9 years of my life, I have been raised in Japan, which was a completely different culture than the United States. Even there, Purdue was a widely known school, which surprises me in this day. Even recently, my own grandmother started mouthing back in Japan about how I am applying for Purdue. This shows me that the school is very prestigious just by its name. Not only that, due to the recent Nobel Prize winner Ei-ichi Negishi, I really feel as a prominent school. Not only because he won the Nobel Prize, but because of his success in Organic Chemistry. As a student going into the medical field, I will pursue into the subject and hopefully even studying beside the professor seems like an honor.

Ever since I was a child, I was fascinated by the medical field and what emerged of medical technology. I would sit for hours reading comics of surgery and medical treatment where everyone else was out playing with friends. One of the comic that was very significant was "Black Jack" by Tezuka Osamu, which tells of a black market surgeon performing miracles around the world. When there was a scene where he would have to save a third world dictator, but comes across a new virus that he will have to make a vaccine. After saving the dictator for a price, he saves the inhabitants for no charge. This scene had really struck me even to this day. I wanted to save many that are unfortunate in this world with the education that I will build through schooling. With these ideas in my mind, I have found a school which has prestigious values with also excellence in education.

I have also found Purdue to fit me personally in many ways. The second I got to the campus, I felt the feeling of being in college. What I mean by this was I felt as I can accomplish what I want to do here perfectly both socially and educationally. I have visited almost 7 countries around the world in my 16 years that I have lived. Upon this, my social thought processes are mostly multi-cultural. With the international program that is available here, I really feel at home here than the real one. As I walked into the office after my tour, it was really nice to be able to talk with an admission counselor who knew what I was talking about. Always counselors, even in my own high school would not understand what situations I am going through, however the moment I walked into that office, my thought has changed. It was here, a home, about 6,00 miles away.

Home / Undergraduate / (medical field and technology) Purde: Personal/ Professional goals