'Medicine and Biology with Specialization' - Why BU Supplement

br2pi5 10 / 70  
Please help! How can I make this phrase better??

BU was always in my mind --a prestigious institution who any high school graduate would be happy to attend-- but it was only until I began researching about the academics and courses offered that I seriously considered it.

AND

My past work experiences have strengthened my reasons to pursue a career in Medicine and by completing a BA in Biology with Specialization I will not only focus in what I am most interested but I will create a strong foundation for my graduate studies as well as take advantage of the opportunities to participate in active research in many fields.
OP br2pi5 10 / 70  
"with the experiences I pursued" is there a better verb other than pursue (because you don't pursue experiences, right?) HELP!
elkstar 1 / 2  
BU was always on my mind --a prestigious institution who any high school graduate would be happy to attend-- but it was only until I began researching about the academics and courses offered that I seriously considered it.

AND

My past work experiences have strengthened my reasons to pursue a career in the medical field and by completing a BA in Biology with Specialization I will not only focus in what I am most interested but I will create a strong foundation for my graduate studies as well as take advantage of the opportunities to participate in active research in many fields.

just a suggestion maybe
OP br2pi5 10 / 70  

any suggestion how to make this phrase shorter??
elkstar 1 / 2  
br2pi5
With my past work experiences in the medical field and by completing a BA in Biology with Specialization, I will not only focus in what I am most interested but I will create a strong foundation for my graduate studies by taking advantage of the opportunities to participate in active research in many fields.

??

Home / Undergraduate / 'Medicine and Biology with Specialization' - Why BU Supplement