Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

'the Medill School of Journalism' - Why Northwestern University

kexu2012 5 / 8  
I know it's crazy to apply for Medill as an undergraduate. But i really need advices on essay. I want to know if i should continue writing this one or i should change it into one draft aiming at the school of arts and sciences? My writing skill is not great, welcoming any advice!

I can't imgine a world without qualified and responsible journalists.

Recently heard was a Chinese journalist , Li Xiang, who used to investigate on the vast illgal use of swill-cooked dirty oil in Chinese restaurants, being stabbed into death. Addition to this news were the top-brass reshuffle and the accompanying mass-resignations of journalists in the Southern Metropolis Daily, which was under pressure after publishing reports evaluating the government leaders. In China, journalism is deemed a increasingly dangerous field.

That's why I evolved great admiration to the Northwestern University when I heard that its Medill School of Journalism is the best institute in this field. I believe it takes not only professional knowledge, but also courage, integrity, and professional spirit to become qualified gionalistas like Hank Klibanoff, David Barstow and Elizabeth Bumiller. And the breedbed of these precious qualities must be a place for people to pursue truth.

I, from very little an age, have nurtured my aspiration of becoming a journalist. Fascinated by literature and news-resporting, in primary school I was enrolled by a company as a little journalist. But soon I found the company wanted no more than the "trainning expense" of 200 RMB for each participant. Thus I dropped my "career" there with anger and feeling of being insulted. That's when the image of jourlist being set up in my heart, as the kind of people who don't succumb to force and keep clinging to the truth. In the following years, I continued writing, founded literature appreciasion community, held the post of the chief editor of school newspaper in secondary school, and joined in the press crops in high school. Although I didn't manage to unearth any big news, the shining image of journalist in my heart has never faded.

And in the Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications, I can be closer to my dream. While learning (200 words about the courses and professors and programs in Medill.)

Home / Undergraduate / 'the Medill School of Journalism' - Why Northwestern University