'medium of appearance and content' - SYRACUSE SUPPLEMENT

marr34 2 / 3  
1. Who or what influenced you to apply to Syracuse University?
At the start of my junior year of high school, I began my search for colleges. The search proved to be a difficult one because I wanted a larger school with a lot of spirit that also had a good film and television program. Finding a happy medium was a challenge and I began to question if it was worth it to choose another major and go to a large spirited school like I have always dreamed. Fortunately, I never had to make that decision because I found out about Syracuse University. For two weeks of July 2012 I attended the National Student Leadership Conference for Journalism and Mass Communications. At the conference many of the other students were looking at Syracuse because of the wonderful communications school it has. When I arrived home from the conference I immediately booked a Summer Campus Day. I was very enthused to go because I finally found the happy medium of appearance and content. I was nothing but impressed with the campus, but my major selling point was the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. During my tour of the Newhouse School, I felt at home. I pictured myself a student there for the next four years of my life. Newhouse was the missing piece that I finally found in my search for the school best for me. It was no question that I would be applying. I am thankful for all the students at the National Student Leadership Conference referring me to Syracuse University.

FEEDBACK WANTED!!
emilyc28 5 / 33  
At the start of my junior year of high school

Just junior year should be fine. :)

good

Use a different word. Good is very general. Try exceptional.

nothing but impressed

Get rid of nothing but, just use impressed.

Overall, it's very good! :) Good luck on your academic endeavors. Help with my essay? Thanks!
chow95 - / 24 1  
marr34

You should use more sophisticated vocabulary. That is about it.
If you could look at my essay, I would appreciate it!

Home / Undergraduate / 'medium of appearance and content' - SYRACUSE SUPPLEMENT