Meeting my grandma for the first time creative short description

florab 1 / -  
This is a small part of my essay.Please tell me if its any good or if I need to add more to it.

Looking over the horizon I saw a small petite figure looking directly at me. However, as I got closer to her I could see that that this stranger had a certain grandeur about her. Her whole demeanour was that of an gentle and wise heavenly maiden.When she lifted her eyes to look into mine I felt as if she was looking into my soul and replacing every grain of doubt, misery and sadness with a soft warm light.Her thin framboise coloured lips bent into a crescent smile, she offered me a hand, pulling me into a balm leaf scented embrace. In my ear she whispered ever so softly 'Welcome to my home, my dear granddaughter'.
Flora, the essay can use a more descriptive opening scene. You need to get into the description of the setting before you launch into the story of the actual meeting. Consider where this meeting is supposed to have taken place. What would it look like? How would it smell? Who would be the other people there if ever? What would the tone of the mood be in the story? These are all background setting considerations that are essential to the development of your essay.

Remember that you are telling the story of a very pivotal event in your life. So you need to create a more personal connection with the setting. What were you thinking while you were waiting for her to show up? How did you envision the events unfolding? Why were you at this place in the first place? What is the reason for the meeting? Is this something you were looking forward to? Try to instill some emotion into your words and descriptions. Use some short dialogue if you think it will help you further improve the introduction portion of your essay :-)

Home / Undergraduate / Meeting my grandma for the first time creative short description