Memories of a teacher from elementary school.

shalini singh 14 / 23  
Compare a time in your life when a teacher helped you and a time when a teacher hindered you, explain which teacher you learned the most from as a result of these experiences.

Parents and teacher play important role in a life of a person. Some teachers are fully dedicated to their jobs and their prime goal is to help their students.On the other hand there are teachers who don't understand the glory of being in a respectable profession like teaching, satisfaction and appreciation teachers get from their students by helping them. I would like to share my experiences of a very helpful and ideal teacher whom I admire a lot and a teacher who tried to hinder my path of success. Because if situation created by him I learnt valuable lesson that confidence in ones self is something which always helps to pave a way in a path of difficult situation and achieve success in life

When I was in elementary school, I use to be very shy and was not at all confident. In spite of being decently talented in field of education, art, music etc I never muster enough courage to present my talent in front of a group of people or fellow students. My parents always forced me to participate in competitions held in school and I always escaped from such participations. Mrs Mathews teacher of my fourth grade somehow noticed my weakness of not willing to present my talent. She was able to convince me to overcome my shy nature with her support, encouragement and appreciation. She taught me to always believe in myself and have confidence in whatever I intended to do. She also taught me that confidence is something which will always help me in moving towards my goal. Since then I am able to overcome my shyness and I am a confident girl now.No matter where I am today, in whatever situation I am, I always believe in myself and my abilities, which helps me to keep moving. All the credit goes to my fourth grade teacher Mrs Mathews. In a nutshell, I will never forget her for understanding my weaknesses and the help which she provided to overcome them, which completely had a positive influence in my life.

Other than having good memories of Mrs Mathews I also have a bitter memory of one of my teacher of college days. It was during when I was working on my post graduation program. My teacher who was my advisor for a project of post graduation tried exploiting me in different ways. He never gave me proper information on how to start or work on the project i was being alotted. He never supported me and always tried and created obstacles in my path like not passing correct information related to work. Not only this without properly cheaking my results he would cast them as invalid. Being skeptical of his intentions I approched other professors who also worked in the same field, they found my results to be valid. I couldn't understand the reason for his behavior but what I came to know form other staff of the department was that he wanted some other student as his project assistant or student and I was allotted to him as his student. Because of this reason he not only harassed me by his behavior but also always hindered my path. He always tried to create situation for me to quit that project incomplete. It was hard time for me having him as a teacher, somehow I was able to overcome all the obstacles and with my unrelenting endeavor I was able pull it through. I still have nightmares of my post graduation days when everyday my teacher created problem in my path. Eventhough my teachers behaviour towards me was not favourable,still i learnt a valuable lesson of my life from my experience. Nothing is impossible if you believe in yourself and remain focused. Unrelenting confidence in ones

self is the key to the success.

It was because of lessons of Mrs Mathews which always helped me to believe in myself and remain confident.It was my confidence which helped me to cross all the boundaries and fathom obstacles raised in my path of success. At one hand lessons of a fourth grade teacher helps me to overcome my weaknesses and fight back all the tough situations in my life, on the other hand there are memories of a teachers which always fills my heart with feeling of agony and also strengthened my believe that nothing is impossible if you believe in yourself and with confidence and determination no milestone is unattainable.

As it was once said by Albert Einstein that "Its supreme art of a teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge". I also believe that Mrs Mathew played a role of a supreme teacher in my life.All the good values that I learnt from my fourth grade teacher Mrs Mthews and difficulties I faced because of my post graduation teacher had made me a more confident,more assured person. Because of these experiences I feel that I can overcome any difficulty in my life that may come in future
meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
Hi

Parents and teacher play important role ...

Comments: Try to have less about the general statements about teachers in the beginning unless you talk much about those later. The sentence about On the other hand... maybe that is your main point? If not, shorten it. Try not to restate the prompt verbatim. Try working on a stronger last sentence. Maybe something about what you learned, like a thesis of sorts.

When I was in elementary school, I use to be very shy and was not at all confident. In spite of being decently talented in field of education, art, music etc I never muster enough courage to present my talent in front of a group of people or fellow students. My parents always forced me to participate in competitions held in school and I always escaped from such participations. Mrs Mathew's teacher of my fourth grade somehow noticed my weakness of not willing to present my talent.

Could shorten this part of the paragraph to the main point: you were talented but shy and your fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Mathew, noticed.

whatever I am intended to do.

whatever I intended* to

me in moving towards my goal.

me move towards*

Since then I am able

I have been* able

Confidence in ones self is something which always helps to pave a way in a path of difficult situation and achieve success in life.

This could be a topic sentence idea. The next sentences about trusting in your own abilities, etc could be shortened a bit.

but what I came to know formfrom other staff of the department was that he wanted some other student as his project advisee and I was allotted to him as his advisee.

So this professor wanted to have a person to advise? What do you mean by advisee?

At on hand lessons of a fourth grade teacher helps me to overcome my weaknesses and fight back all the tough situations in my life, on the other hand there are memories of a teachers which always fills my heart with feeling of agony.

On the one hand,* lessons of...helped* in my life, while* on the other, memories of another teacher always fills*.
This would be the more comparison part, but in your conclusion, you don't truly say what you learned from these experiences other than Mrs. Mathew. You don't say what you learned from the other teacher.

She is being acknowledged and will always be acknowledged by me for that.

What do you mean she is being acknowledged? That she is being acknowledged in this essay and that you acknowledge her "[awakening] joy in creative expression and knowledge"?

Is the teacher Mathew? or Mathews?

Good luck. Cheers~

Home / Undergraduate / Memories of a teacher from elementary school.