Why michigan- Ross business school.

amberisdead 9 / 28  
Hi this is dued today i need opinions on this essay thanks so much i will help you back!

Describe the unique qualities that attract you to the specific undergraduate College or School (including preferred admission and dual degree programs) to which you are applying at the University of Michigan. How would that curriculum support your interests? (500 words max)

I have always enjoyed selling things. From handmade accessories to selling my old belongings on eBay, the process (production, packaging, price evaluation, marketing, and finally the sale) is tedious yet satisfying. I know that the businesswoman in me is an intrinsic quality. This is why I want to propel my interest in business to a successful career in future, by majoring in Business. As a businessman himself, my dad was predictably thrilled with my decision. He handed me a list of prestigious business schools in USA and it was the first time I came in touch with the Stephen M. Ross School of Business. As I further my research on the school I was amazed at how the school seems to be a perfect match for me - a personalized education with a large and diverse student body.

As a person with a creative mindset and outgoing personality, I like to explore outside my comfort zone and gain new insights. Hence I am especially intrigued by the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program, where I will have a chance to conduct research outside of classroom along with other students and a faculty member. I hope to participate in this program during my freshman year to broaden my horizons and hone my people meeting skills, because business is essentially about interacting with people.

Off campus opportunities also abound at U-M. I believe that to be able to apply what I learn in classrooms to real life situations is the greater aim of learning, this is why I was elated when I found out about the Michigan Interactive Investment (MII). As a member of MII, I will have a real world investing experience through education and hands-on portfolio management. Participating in MII will definitely enhance my business knowledge and enrich my college experience.

Since grade eighth in Singapore, I have been consistently doing community service, often children related. I have since developed a knack with interacting with children, and I hope to volunteer at Mott's Children Hospital to apply my area of expertise for a useful purpose. I also dream that in time to come I will be qualified enough to volunteer as a mentor in the MREACH program, where I will able to impart what I have learnt in Ross to high school students. It will truly be an extremely meaningful experience.

U-M is also remarkably diverse for a state university. This part of U-M appealed to me particularly because I enjoy the company of people of many different culture and heritages. This is mostly because I grew up in Singapore, who is known for her multi-ethnicity, and I am comfortable to communicate with different people. I am confident that I will fit right in at U-M and Ross Business School.

I strongly believe that to have a holistic college education, academics is just part and parcel of it. What Ross has to offer is not only top-notch academics, but also boundless opportunities and possibilities for me to enrich my college experience.

END
sabLeya 3 / 14  
As I further my research on the school I was amazed at how the school seems to be a perfect match for me - a personalized education with a large and diverse student body. add some details on how this will help you

people meeting skills - interpersonal skills

I believe practical implication of knowledge outside classrooms to real life situations is the greater aim of learning, this is why I was elated excited/thrilled ( substitute a better word/ elated doesnt fit) when I found out about the Michigan Interactive Investment (MII)

and I am comfortable to communicate with different people. try to write this differently...u have already used "different " once
Sorry I'm late! For what it's worth...
I don't think it is good to use "I have always..." as your approach. That is too common. It especially is too plain to be used as the first sentence.

As a businessman himself, my dad was predictably thrilled with my decision. --oh, good job with this sentence.

to apply my area of expertise for a useful purpose. ----Too vague... you can specify a little more, I think.

I also dream that in time to come I will plan on becoming qualified to volunteer as...

I don't think "I believe" is good, and I especially don't thing "I strongly believe" is good. Your essay is very powerfully written and enjoyable... but I just want to tell you about those overused things... I have always been interested in... I strongly believe... they are overused! :-)

Home / Undergraduate / Why michigan- Ross business school.