"Military service, volunteering, hospital" - essay for wisconsin

yybdov15 1 / -  
Tell us about your academic goals, circumstances that may have had an impact on your academic performance, and, in general, anything else you would like us to know in making an admission decisionBack in my high school, the school that I was taking was a special-purpose high school especially language, and my major was Chinese. At that time, I would like to be a CEO, because the job looks like nice. In fact, I didn't only decide my dream, but also know my aptitude. Unfortunately, I didn't find what to do, and even when I chose my major in university. I finally decided my major without consideration to just follow my parent's saying

In my university years, I used to regret following my parent's idea. At that time, even if the major "computer engineering" was so promising field, it did not suit my character. In fact, my character was so outgoing and sociable, but the course of learning computer was somewhat closed subject.

I had to spend my time just typing with sitting in front of computer. In addition this trait, the major "computer" that I think is not a practical skill to apply to anywhere. I wanted to learn more practical skill than computer technique like accountant, medicine.

After I finished serving the military service, I decided to find my dream, and I took part in a variety of activities from volunteer to internship. Out of several activities, I was impressed that when I volunteered at International Cancer Centers in South Korea and at stony brook hospital in USA, that is because I felt worth helping the other person. In particular, one of my jobs was to prepare for presentation for cancer patients. I actually could talk with the patient through the time, and I could share their pain and stress about their disease. As a matter of fact, the cancer was hard to cure, and it also imposed to financial burden for family. According to the patient I had talked, her family had been happy before he got a disease, but the cancer could change everything. Even if the cancer was not an incurable disease, her family didn't have ability to support her health-care fee, and this resulted in conflict between the conjugal relations, and she had no choice but to decide to divorce because of just disease. I thought make her smile was my only job that I could help her, and I did my best to put a smile on her face by encouraging to her. When I finished my volunteer time, she said to me that It was been so long since "I felt happy after I stayed on hospital". After I heard her saying, I was happy that I can make someone happy by doing volunteer.

Through this experience, I could know what I had to study, and I decided to study for the sick and poor. I wanted to learn study medical skill to help them, and my final goal was to be a doctor in USA. I strongly believe that Wisconsin University can be a good place to achieve my dream
At that time, I would like to be a CEO, because the job looks looked like a meaningful goal to pursue. nice . In fact, I didn't only decide my dream; I also knew my aptitude.

In my university years, I used to regret following my parent's parents' idea.

I thought make making her smile was my only job that I could help her, and I did my best to put a smile on her face by encouraging to her.

After I heard her saying that, I was happy that I could make someone happy by doing volunteer work.

You seem like an excellent person!!

:o)

Home / Undergraduate / "Military service, volunteering, hospital" - essay for wisconsin