There are a million and one different things to consider when choosing what college to attend.

xo_mayaa 1 / -  
The prompt is: What are the top 5 reasons you want to be a Hokie? Needs to be 250 words or less and I currently have 239. Not exactly sure if my 5 reasons are clear. Any help is great! Thanks!

When it comes down to choosing what college to attend, there are a million and one different things to consider.Growing up animals has always been my passion; ever since I was a little girl I knew that I had to be a veterinarian. My dog's veterinarian Dr. Burkey was a VT alumni. He would always tell me how much he loved the University Virginia Tech has been implanted into my brain since I was a young girl. Attending Virginia Tech would expand my knowledge and put me on the right path of pursuing my dream career at my dream college. During my junior year in high school, I attended the Chesterfield Career Technical Center for Veterinary Science. My teacher's past students would come in and speak to us about their experiences in college, academically and socially. Quite a few of them attended Virginia Tech. Hearing about the fun labs they got to do with horses and pigs, along with their experiences of their first VT football game or making new friends. After every story I fell in love with the University more and more.The town of Blacksburg, Virginia is a beautiful one. Being able to call it my home for the next four years would be nothing less than an honor. The campus at all times of the year is breathtaking. With it being only three hours from my hometown of Chester makes it ten times better.
Maya, two of your reasons are too similar to be considered 2 different reasons. The fact that your vet attended VT and the visits from the VT alumni both fall under the same category. In fact, the reasons that you chose are not as clear as they should be. This is one time that you should actually use numbers in keeping track of your reasons for wanting to be a Hokie. If you want to do it in numerical order, that would be great! It would be the clearest way to present your reasons and also make it easier for you to keep track of your word count.

You may want to look at the other sample 5 reasons to be a hokie essays here at the forum for some helpful tips and ideas on how to best answer this prompt. Sometimes, the best response, it a combination of different responses combined to create a new and unique response. . You may want to consider some of their reasons and make it your own.

If you want to be very specific and really give responses that you know the reviewer will appreciate, you can do a quick web search using the keywords "reasons to be a Hokie". A plethora of helpful sites will put you either in the mood for a fun look into the world of Hokies, such as 30 Reasons You Are Proud to be a Hokie, or the Top 7 Reasons to Apply to Virginia Tech, located on the very website of the university. If you take a little from each of these sites, you should be able to come up with a an essay that will best represent your top 5 reasons :-)
- Growing upTaking care of animals has..
- ...always been my passion;
- ever since I wasas a little girl...
- ...Tech and it has been implanted...
-My teacher's pastprevious students...
- Hearing about the fun labslaboratory activities they got...
- I fell more in love with the...
- University more and more .
- The town of Blacksburg, Virginia is a beautiful oneplace and. Bb eing able
- The campus at all times of the year is breathtaking. Withand with it being....

I believe your genuine reasons to be part of UV Tech is good enough to grant you the admission, you wrote the response to the prompt to the best of your knowledge which is very well done. It's just a pity that you have word restrictions because of course, this restricted you to write an even more elaborated essay, anyhow, after the corrections, your essay should be good to go. Best of luck to you.

Home / Undergraduate / There are a million and one different things to consider when choosing what college to attend.