a minor in Japanese. arigato gozaimasu !

sharey125 2 / 11 2  
In this second essay, please reflect on something you would like us to know about you that we might not learn from the rest of your application-or on something that you would like to say more about. We ask that you limit your essay to fewer than 500 words. I literally didn't know what to write in this I feel like my essays ask for EVERYTHING. So would this be good for this prompt?

Many students don't have other passions besides what they're going to major in. Along with robotics, I am passionate about the Japanese culture and language. I had a close person in my life that helped influence me when I began my freshman year and ever since then I have become entirely eager to learn more.

My parents were in the process of splitting up during the first two years of high school and I needed my friends more than ever at that time to take my mind off of the pain. I soon acquired a group of friends that I shared my daily activities with; however, a boy named Luis Trejo seemed more attached to me. We were like conjoined twins with telepathy because it seemed he understood what I was going through without me verbally expressing it. One night he had asked me if I watched anime and I was utterly dumbfounded since I did not understand the reason someone around our age would watch Japanese cartoons during their free time. A night came that I was free of homework, so he beseeched me to watch a show called "Death Note". I gave in and suddenly noticed that these shows were addicting because nothing was the same from the cartoons I watch on the television. I soon became to watch various shows and picked up some Japanese words along the way thus shows the big bang for my profoundness in the Asian culture.

Watching Anime was not just about the story line but also to analyze their pronunciations of certain words. I picked up easy words like "itadakimasu" to harder ones to say like "kousokuzoushokuromonju". I would create flashcards and try to use them in my daily life even if other people thought I was just being weird. There was one day where from watching so much anime and having learned many words I began to translate what people were saying to Japanese in my head. When I started to get serious about learning it I bought programs to help me read the characters, like Rosetta Stone.

I seem to have limited knowledge on the Asian culture because all I know is what the anime presents. This past summer I had the privilege to go to China for a week. It kept me in awe the whole time with the vast differences. I would like to learn more for one day that I get to study abroad.

The Asian culture and language have been a part of me for quite a while. I attend anime meetings in where we get to learn a few more words which I love. One day I hope to live in Japan and having Japanese as a minor in this college can help me reach the state to go.
I had a close person in my life thatwhohelped influenced me in this direction(you have to tell on what that person influenced you) when I began my freshman year and ever since then I have become entirely eager to learn more.
I literally didn't know what to write in this I feel like my essays ask for EVERYTHING. So would this be good for this prompt?

Well... I think your love for learning Japanese is a fine point for this prompt. However, I wish if you improve the presentation of your answer and align it more with the prompt.

I have a few suggestions;

Many students don't have other passions besides what they're going to major in.

I think you should say this differently because this may not be the case with many other students. Avoid giving room for others to form the impression that you sound a stereotype. Instead bring you into the focus;

Although I am majoring in xxxxxxx, I have another great passion for learning Japanese culture and language. How I did advent this passion is also an interesting story;

Then go to the story and introduce the influence of your Japanese friend with that -

Home / Undergraduate / a minor in Japanese. arigato gozaimasu !