Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"What miracle have you witnessed?" MHC sup.

kexu2012 5 / 8  
This is a real story that happens in my life. And i really appreciate all advices for this draft. Thanks!

Sometimes miracles come in a sudden, like when Harry Poter waves his magic wand, a miracle appears in the next second. But some miracles show up gradually, and in the process of its forming you can hardly notice it. It's till the end that you finally realize that some thing beautiful and unbelievable has happened. One of this kind of miracles happened by my witness. It all started in the spring of 2008, when my father began to show up in our home with an increasing frequency. This may sounds strange, for coming home is supposed to be an every-day job to people, but it was not to my father before 2008. Back in that time, he had been backed at home only once or twice in a month, mainly taking us to have a dinner or a movie, and then again leaving to manage his business. He had lived in the hotel that he managed and stayed up till 2 AM almost every night, busying having business banquets and associating with major accounts.The most important thing in his mind had been earning money, rather than health, spare time enjoyment, or the family time. But all these things seemed to change overnight when 2008 came. All of a sudden, he obviously sacrificed almost all business activities to spend days and nights at home. Everyday he sleeped at 10 and got up at 7, did morning jogging, and bought home the fresh food ingredients to cook for us. In summer vacation in 2008, he took all the family memebrs to travel around the state, enjoying the sightseeings for two weeks. What's more, around August, he even began to hurry from one real estate to another, considering buying a new house. "That will take a lot of money!" My mother was especially shocked by his sudden plan, but my father insisted to do so, and we moved into the a bigger house in the Spring Festival of 2009.

People change for reasons. I used to believe that my father finally got tired from fighting alone in business market, or eventually realized the truth that he had lived in an extremely unhealthy and "inhumane" way. The truth did not come out until one day, my father showed up in front of us with his eyes filled with tears of excitement and ecstasy. He showed us a medical record, and told us all the things he had gone through in 2008. The truth is, in the end of 2007, he was found to be in the advanced stage of lung cancer, which was resulted from his years of reversed rest time, drinking habit, and constant overwork. Although seeking treatments from one hospital to another, he was still told that he only had a life of one year or two. With extreme desperation and regrets, he began to come back to his family, back to us. He decided to not to tell us the truth, but to spend the "rest of his life" with us happily. That's the reason why he seemed to be desperate to have fun with us in every second and to settle us in a better dwelling. But with his regular intervals of sleeping and waking, his grateful attitude towards life, and his increasing attentions to health-caring and family time, his state of illness went into remission. In fact, according to the most recent check, "The doctor told me that my original tumour completely disappeared! It's like it was taken away from me!" My father couldn't help shouting out loud, with his voice shivering from incredible happiness. Neither the doctor nor my father knew what had happened during that time, and all of us could not believe this. But it is happening, by the witness of our family - my father is back to us, and get healthier and healthier as days passed! At nowadays, my father totally abandons his old way of living. Instead, he continues his healthy and positive living style which he begins when he was "dying". So this is the miracle I've witnessed, in which something that's scientifically determined to come did not come, saving my whole family from a disaster. But this is also the miracle that teachs all of us a lot. After all, when people are fighting against their "destiny", all they can do probably should be just return to theirselves and love the life they are living. I'm really glad my father did this to save himself and our family.

Home / Undergraduate / "What miracle have you witnessed?" MHC sup.