MIT short answer (a busy life, full of activities)

ysjking2009 1 / -  
Cooking is a mixture of science and art. Just like making machines, you have to make thing exact and according to calculations. And it's also like literature. It takes a huge amount of imaginations, and a sense of adventure that cannot be pigeonholed. I enjoy it very much. After a busy day, come back home, think a while about how to create a new taste of dishes or improve some old ingredients of non-healthy food. After preparation, by applying methods I make, I create. Every time that gives me new ideas of chemistry and a great feel of Inspiration.

Please check for grammar mistakes and give me some suggestions,

Many thanks.
chunf 5 / 26  
I am applying to MIT too and I know that the deadline is on today but I personally suggest that you rewrite it. Your answer is a way too general and you should focus more on yourself. You should talk about why you enjoy cooking and why does cooking benefits to you or try using words like "for me" or "in my opinion" to make your answer sounds more personal. I hope this help. Good Luck!
Pub91 - / 10  
Cooking is a mixture of science and art. Just like making machines, you have to make thing exact and according to calculations. And it's also like literature. It takes a huge amount of imaginations, and a sense of adventure that cannot be pigeonholed. I enjoy it very much.

That part is useless. It's ok to start the answer saying you enjoy cooking. But it's such a waste to go on describing how wonderful it is for about half the essay. You have 100 words and you must try and squeeze in much information about you to those 100 words. Try to include details about what you like to cook, who inspired you, how and when did you learnt to cook, what you feel when you're cooking etc.. you get the idea right?

Home / Undergraduate / MIT short answer (a busy life, full of activities)