MIT SHORT Answer: Department which Appeals Most to you (Biological Engineering)

oncloud9 1 / 1  
Although you may not yet know what you want to major in, which department or program at MIT appeals to you and why? (100 words or less)

I'm not torn between eclectic aspirations to become a ballerina rocket scientist or a mathematical poet. However my academic interests wander ceaselessly within the broad field of science. Every time I observe amoebas under a microscope, explode Nitrogen Triiodide, or explore the centripetal properties of marbles rolling in a bowl, my eyes gleam even brighter with fascination in each facet of science. Biological/Biomedical Engineering, a glorious unification between the physical and life sciences, allows me to leave none of my passions behind. Such an interdisciplinary and innovative field will observe astonishing growth; I want to move forward with it.

Any advice??
Cloudbuster274 1 / 2  
I would say to take out the last sentence, it feels like a weak closing statement about your passion for BME. Also I would say that your examples may feel out of place to someone who may not be part of the scientific community and can't see a connection between your examples and how they have inspired you to become interested in the Biological field specifically.
greenchange 1 / 3  
I agree with the person above. The last sentence is not personal, instead it feels like you are referring to getting a job. Perhaps reword it so it is more personal.

I love your examples, and I believe it will fit perfectly with a reader from MIT.

Home / Undergraduate / MIT SHORT Answer: Department which Appeals Most to you (Biological Engineering)