MIT - Tell us about something which didn't go according to the plan.

bbdy123123 2 / 2  
Please review this post and comment,

Until class 8, I always used to get good grades at school, all thanks to my raw intelligence and presence of mind during classes. I always used to get away without doing much hard work and putting in great efforts. Upon reaching 9th, I realized that things aren't going to be that easy for me. But I had to learn it the hard way, so I continued the same trend of studying even in class 9. There was not much of a difference in grades in the term results so I became even more confident about my self, but did not realize that I was becoming over-confident. And ultimately when the final results were out and I saw the sudden decrease in the grades, I felt extremely bad and thought that I could never make it up. After some words of encouragement from my family, especially from my father, I decided that I will not let this happen to me. I was determined to achieve success in 10th and worked very hard towards it. At the end of the year, I saw all those good grades again on my report and felt better then ever. From then on, I made it a point that whenever I fall, I will not sit and repent, I will put in my best to stand up again and reach for my goal.

i would be glad if you could critique.

Thanks
mea505 - / 265  
Prince,

I didn't see much of a reason to correct things, as you can see. However, I wonder if you would not call the unit 8 and unit 9 by the other name: grades 8 and 9? Would not that make more sense? Or are you used to calling it by the units? The only other thing that I would probably change is to define your grades a little more -- how much of a failure were you in the 9th grade, and how much did you improve in the 10th grade? Now, it sounds too generalized.

Otherwise, I think you have the workings of a good essay, although be it short.

Mark
EF_Team [Moderator] 41 / 222 15  
Mark

There is no need to copy-paste the original text.
OP bbdy123123 2 / 2  
it was quite helpful , mark... thank you!

Home / Undergraduate / MIT - Tell us about something which didn't go according to the plan.