MIT Essay - Tell us about something you do simply for the pleasure of it. (100 words)

ramanujam1729 1 / 1  

Investing represents me

EPS estimates, P/E Ratio, IPOs, DRIP funds.

It all just seems like a bunch of letters. But when I began to trade stocks, I found myself captivated by a world unto itself. Ever since starting at the age of 15, I have enjoyed investing because it serves as a pragmatic application of the mathematics and statistics knowledge and research skills learned in school. The stock market drives me to gather information and utilize it where the stakes are real and high.

Averaging downs. Betas. Candlestick Patterns.

Investing represents me - my everlasting hunger for knowledge and my motivation to succeed.
Suraj, the exercise that you describe does not suit the prompt provided. You are still referring to an activity that you enjoy doing in relation to your chosen college major. This is not something that you do in order to pass time, relax, or help you to unwind after a hectic and stressful day. For this prompt, you need to show the reviewer that you know how to let your hair down and that you enjoy other activities other than those related to your chosen profession / college major. Something along the lines of how you feel relaxed after a swim, or eating at your favorite restaurant, or even sharing a guilty pleasure would align itself better to the prompt expectations than this current essay of yours. Start from scratch. Don't use this essay. Consider something that you do just because you enjoy doing it, other than something related to the trading of stocks or your college major. That way, you let the reviewer get to know the civilian side of your personality. Don't dwell on the academic side of your existence. There needs to be a balance to that and this prompt will allow you to present the idea of how you balance your academic and personal life.
dace 2 / 4  
Hi@ramanujam1729
When writing essay, write small numbers like 15 as fifteen and larger numbers such as millions and such, in numbers. Thus, effect this change Ever since I was fifteen.

Please help with mine.
brayan1996 17 / 34 5  
Suraj, I don't think that your essay satisfies what the prompt is asking you to do. You simply present something that you are interested in but what pleasure does this spark in you?
OP ramanujam1729 1 / 1  
Hi guys, thank you for your feedback. Let me address a few of your concerns -

My intended major is biomedical engineering so investing has nothing to do with my major. I truly do invest just for the pleasure of it. I love the adrenaline rush that comes with it and the potential to make money.

Can I rework the essay to still do investing? Or else, can I talk about tennis, or the drums?

Home / Undergraduate / MIT Essay - Tell us about something you do simply for the pleasure of it. (100 words)