"the Moika Palace in Russia on December 17, 1916" - going back in time

rubberman 2 / 6  
5. Imagine that you have the opportunity to travel back through time. At what point in history would you like to stop and why?
I would be at the Moika Palace in Russia on December 17, 1916 because Moika Palace is the place of Grigori Rasputin's death. Grigori Rasputin was a peasant who claimed to have healing and premonition powers. Prince Felix Yusupov decided to murder Rasputin. On December 17, 1916 Prince Felix served Rasputin cake filled with enough cyanide to kill five people but was unaffected after eating the cake. Felix then shot Rasputin on his back. Rasputin didn't die so Yusupov shot him two more times. Rasputin was shot on his back and on his head. He was thrown into the Moika River. His body was recovered and an autopsy revealed that the cause of death was drowning. Rasputin's death is one of history's greatest mysteries because he was shot three times and poisoned but still didn't die. This essay represents me because I am intrigued by mysterious events/places that have not been explained. Mysterious events/places such as the disappearance of the Indus civilization, the pyramids, the Loch Ness Monster, and others excite me because they have not been explained and it always makes me think of what really happened. There are endless possibilities which is why I am fascinated by mysterious events/places.
bbtl05 3 / 4  
I would like to stop at the Moika Palace in Russia on December 17, 1916 because Moika Palace is the place of Grigori Rasputin's death. Grigori Rasputin was a peasant who claimed to have healing and premonition powers. Prince Felix Yusupov attempted to murder Rasputin in 1916 with a cake filled with enough cyanide to kill five people. Rasputin was unaffected by the cake. Felix then shot Rasputin twice in the back and once in the head . He was thrown into the Moika River and when his body was recovered, the autopsy revealed that the cause of death was drowning. Rasputin's death is one of history's greatest mysteries because he was shot three times and poisoned but still didn't die. This event represents me because I am intrigued by mysterious events that have not been explained. Mysterious events such as the disappearance of the Indus civilization, the Egyptian pyramids, and the Loch Ness Monster excite me because they have not been explained and it always makes me wonder what really happened. There are endless possibilities which is why I am fascinated by mysterious events/places.
OP rubberman 2 / 6  
that really helps out a ot. Thank You

Home / Undergraduate / "the Moika Palace in Russia on December 17, 1916" - going back in time