My mom, Gwendolyn Taylor - The person who influences me the most.

tay1216 1 / -  
Prompt: Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you, and describe that influence.

What is the true definition of a role model? It may have different meanings across the globe but in essence, it is a worthy person who poses as a good illustration. There are handfuls of individuals that have affected my life whether it was good, or bad. Who influences me the most? I do not think of the person who has done the most good throughout their lifetime-- I think of whom has done their best to make me a better person day after day.

Although she may not realize it, my mom, Gwendolyn Taylor, is my heart, soul and my definition of a role model. Throughout my entire being she has struggled to give me the content lifestyle I live. She poses examples of the person I want to become-- and the person I refuse to become. She faces life changing dilemmas day by day, but she does not let it stop her from carrying out the important tasks she stumbles upon in her work and personal lifestyle.

In my earlier years, my mom was vibrant, lively and joyful. As time passes the days of joy and happiness are fading away. When her father, my grandfather, passed in 2008 her life took a downward path both mentally and physically. Since then it has been hard for to work herself out of the deep hole she has sank into. I look at mom today and wonder what happened to the happy her. I would give anything to get her back. I take these daily experiences of strife and sorrow and turn them into examples of what I refuse to become. I aspire to be the person my mom was-not necessarily how she is know. I want to be the person who is there for everyone in critical times of need. I want to be the person who gives without looking to receive. I want to be the past Gwen Taylor-the one who possessed every good aspect she has now and more. My mother contains such a power that impels me to craft a new life for myself.

"Go to school, you cannot do anything without some type of education these days. Don't be stupid like me" I will never forget those strange but encouraging words. At a young age I took in the statement and was able to develop myself into someone who will not stop until I succeed at whatever task is at hand. I am fueled by my mother's every day actions to strive in becoming a better me. I am thankful for such a person God has put in my life. Without my mother I would not be able to succeed at anything-I would not be the strong person I am today.
ItsokaytoGaga 15 / 96  
Since then it has been hard for her to work herself out of the deep hole she has sank into.

I aspire to be the person my mom was-not necessarily how she is know .... do you mean "now" ?

The essay does demonstrate how much you love your Mother, and why she is your role model.
However, I think you could be more specific and go deeper. It is very concise. Elaborate a little more. Explore your emotions and put them in words. how exactly did your mother make you a stronger person.

Since you are writing about your Mother, you should be able to make it a very personal and touching essay.

Good Luck. Work on it. :-)

Home / Undergraduate / My mom, Gwendolyn Taylor - The person who influences me the most.