"My mom, my home, my life" - someone who has made an impact on your life

Neilsen 1 / 3  
umm can I get your opinions on my essay and can you help me fix/improve the essay?

Write an essay in which you tell us about someone who has made an impact on your life and explain how and why this person is important to you.

From morning to night there is one person I can always depend on to help me through the day, my mom. From when my alarm goes off to when I fall asleep on my keyboard my mom is there to help me out. She doesn't know English well, doesn't know anything about what I'm learn, doesn't have relationship advice, and doesn't relate to most of my interests; but she is still there to support me through it all.

My daily life is typical for most students' with exceptions here and there. I wake up in the morning, go to school, get home, eat, shower, relax and do my homework, then sleep. The exceptions come from the environment which I do all that in. My home is different. The life which I grew up in and the place are both far from the norm. The apartment I have lived in for the past 17 years will be first. It's a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. The apartment is pretty normal except that the place is falling apart now. The neighborhood is what sets the apartment apart. Here the kids are thieves and at night it is dangerous to walk alone. The cops visit periodically and parents tell their kids to stay away. We live here just making ends meet. My mom often works overtime and my dad does what he can. The other aspect of my environment is the one my family creates. Starting at the age of eight my life changed drastically. My grandfather had passed away and a shock was sent to everyone. My parents argued more and tension grew between everyone in my family. My brothers became hateful towards me and their treatment was horrible. My life was insufferable but I was able to make it through thanks to my mom. She would help calm me down when my brothers would play their mind games and she would treat me gently when my father would hit me. She would be there to help me on the dark days where I would just cry and shine a light on me when I would be alone. My mom suffered so much during the past year but still was able to help me through life. Thanks to her help now I'm able to smile and be as outward as I am.

Without my mom I don't know where I would be today. Even now my mom still helps me out. She nags me to do this and do that but I know it is all for my own good. She has grown old though and her body is starting to fail her. I hope when I grow up to be able to help her out as much as she has helped me.
Ksy213 2 / 4  
For the first sentence, you can make it a little organize by writing:

From morning to night, my mom is the person I can always depend on to help me throughout the day.

Hope it helps a little.
OP Neilsen 1 / 3  
Thank you :)
Zee A 1 / 1  
She doesn't know English well, doesn't know anything about what I'm learn , doesn't have relationship advice, and doesn't relate to most of my interests; but she is still there to support me through it all.

i think it should be : what I'm learning

and use a comma instead

Home / Undergraduate / "My mom, my home, my life" - someone who has made an impact on your life