My mom is always there for me. The Person Who Changed My Life.

jc4 1 / -  
I'm terrible at writing essays so its not the best.

There is always a person in your life that has influenced you and maybe even changed your life. Someone who has a good set of morals and sets a good example for you. I may not realize it at times, but I have someone like that in my life. That person is my mom. My life is just starting, but my mother has molded me to be the person I am today and will continue to influence me for the rest of my life. My mom has not only been a great parental figure to me, but also an amazing friend. No one in my life has helped me as much as she has.

My mom has provided my sister and I with anything we have needed ever since my parents divorced, and even before then because of my dad's job. It's obvious that being a single parent isn't very easy, but my mom does a pretty great job at it. My mother is my number one supporter, I know if I ever have a problem I can go to her for advice. She pushes me to do my best and never lets me give up. She urges me to do the best I can in school, and to keep up my good grades. I remember when I was younger, I wasn't the best in math, so we would spend extra time working on homework and doing things like flash cards so I could get better.

I am extremely thankful that my mom has always been there for me, I don't know what I would do without her. It's because of the love and trust I have in my mother that I'm cautious of the choices I make in life. I will never be able to repay my mom for the things she has given me and done for me. I live a pretty comfortable life because of all the hard work and effort both her and my dad have put into life so that it could be this way. At times, I may not be very grateful to my mom for every thing she does for my sister and I, but I hope that I can be more appreciative because she deserves it.

I know my mom is always there for me when I need someone to lean on, and to pick me back up if I fall. She has given me everything I need in life to succeed and shown me from right and wrong. My mom is the strongest person I know, and I'm very proud to be her daughter. I will forever be thankful to have a mother and role model like her.
Hannah, hats off to you for choosing your mom for the center of this essay. She sounds like a great woman and a fantastic cheerleader. However, I think that you need to think of someone who is farther related to you than your mother. You see, being the child of your biological mother, it is her duty to help you improve your life. She was tasked with that responsibility the day you were born. Now, if you can tell me that you were adopted by this woman whom you call your mother, then the essay will just need to be adjusted to reflect that information and then it will become a perfect response to the prompt requirement. Right now, there will be number of you who will actually choose one of the two parents as a response to this essay. So you have to try and think about someone else for this response. Someone who was not duty bound to change your life and yet he or she decided to do that. Think of someone in your life who has taken on the role of a mentor for you. This person who is teaching you something about life that your mother would not have the time to do so. Who is this non-related person whom you listen to and whose advice you follow because you know your life will change for the better when you follow it? That is the person whom you should write about in this essay. Your mother, is like a safe, go-to response that will be submitted by many student applicants to the reviewer. If you want your essay to stand out from the pile, you will do well to pick someone else in response to the prompt.

Home / Undergraduate / My mom is always there for me. The Person Who Changed My Life.